Beginner
Farewell Stan Lee 15 Nov 2018 1:56 AM

Thank you Stan Lee
For all the creative and unimaginable ideas you've graced us with, may you rest forever in peace.

Activity
• Pick 3 Male and 3 Female characters.
• Describe with a minimum of 12 words on each character why you have chosen them.

Rules
• Must pick 6 characters in total (3 Male/3 Female)
• Must have a total of 6 descriptions, for each character.
• Each descriptions must have a minimum of 12 words.
• You are not allowed to re-pick once you've posted on this thread.
• You will receive 6 username icons in total.
• Deadline 19th November 2018.

Males
Cyclops / Wolverine / Captain America / Hulk / Deadpool / Nightcrawler

Females
Elektra / Black Cat / Marvel Girl / Scarlett Witch / Spider Woman / Storm

Hope you know your characters! Have fun!

Reply: Farewell Stan Lee 15 Nov 2018 2:31 AM
I was very sad when I found out that, the creator of my childhood heroes has passed away :(
But, his heroes will still live in our comic books and be with us, saving the world!

Wolverine: His stunning, razor sharp claws can mince the opponent in a matter of seconds! His senses can only be compared with a super animal and still be in the lead. Also, Hugh Jackman is my favourite actor and he played so well in the screening :D

Captain America: The reaction time he possesses has always impressed me, and that shiny shield hypnotised me whenever I saw it!

Hulk: This is not even a machine or something that can be described naturally. It's a superhero beast whose grief is beyond comparison. I love his green skin lol

Black Cat: The sexiest superhero I have ever seen (why do you think I put her first from female super heroes? -smirks-) Such grace in creeping moves and I never understood how she could produce bad luck on her opponents O.o

Elektra: Now she always reminded me of those movies (usually with either Jackie Chan or Bruce Lee) where everybody fights in a martial art style. I think she is not a downfall towards these two legends and fights as amazingly (and pretty :p)

Scarlett Witch: Her manipulation of magic or however it is called I always interpreted it this way haha was something bizarre for me, and the fact that she interacted with a demon, makes her more and more interesting individual.

I want to finish this thread with a quote:

"There may be many heroes created, and many can be forgotten - but we will never forget who created them all!" 

Rest In Peace Stan Lee <3
Rookie
Reply: Farewell Stan Lee 15 Nov 2018 2:53 AM
I love and chose the 3 following males because.....

Captain America:
"I don't want to kill anyone. I don't like bullies; I don't care where they're from."
This quote still stays with me, and I live by it (or at least try to)! There is such pureness and kindness in this.

Hulk:
Deep down, he's a kind soul, and whenever he's angry, he just bursts into Hulk mode and usually can't help it. I think it's still sweet that he tried to get rid of his powers when he first got them because he didn't want to hurt anyone. I mean, yes, he'll smash anything and everything in sight, but I bet most of the time, he doesn't mean to, it's by force.

Wolverine:
Hugh freakin' Jackman, need I say more?!
I also love his ability to heal and regenerate himself if he's injured in any way, and his always-so-stylish hairdo!

And I love and chose the 3 following females because.....

Storm:
I always saw her as the motherly figure of the group, and she's always discussing things out first with others instead of resorting to instant violence. She probably has one of the best powers ever (energy-related), you could have her anywhere, and she'd be able to up the right energy for that environment, if ya get what I'm trying to say. Plus, her hair is flawless.

Black Cat:
I just adored the relationship between her and Spider-Man. I mean, she did have a criminal record, she was raped, she learned acrobatics and stuff to kill her rapist, but other than that, yeah....I don't think this character is my favorite, but I was intrigued at the time when I read about her personal life before she even became 'Black Cat'.

Marvel Girl:
I know this sounds too deep and sad, but this character just reminds me of people in real life who are victims to the demonic voices in their heads, and can't seem to make them go away.....whereas in this character's life, she was able to control her telepathic powers. I just find that very empowering for some reason.
☕☕☕☕☕☕☕☕☕☕☕☕☕☕☕☕
Beginner
Reply: Farewell Stan Lee 15 Nov 2018 4:23 AM
Audemars' Picks!

Cyclops: I don't think a lot of people would pick Cyclops but to me he was a great leader of the X-men, he led by example but he was also a vulnerable man, when he lost Jean his whole world collapsed and he even fell for Jean's clone made by Sinister, Madelyne Pyror. He was as human as anyone else, but his love for Jean was something else. And I'm sure a lot of you out there would want a love story as loyal as his.

Nightcrawler: When he was made fun of and bullied for his skin, it hit me sometimes. And when he finally found home with the X-Men, was something I'm sure every one would want. Somewhere to belong, somewhere to feel like no ones watching you because of how different you look.

Wolverine: I've collected over at least 300 issues of Wolverine and I still have them. I love comic Wolverine the best, he was the most loyal friend anyone would ever ask for, even if you did something bad. He would be there to save whatever's left of you. 

Scarlett Witch: She kicked everyone's butt in one of the Avengers Disassembled issues, where she lost Vision and started to manipulate reality in  such big radius and she ended the Avengers, saying good bye to Hawkeye and others before Magneto came and picked her up. It was one of the most bad ass issues that displayed her true potential.

Marvel Girl: Jean's first persona and went on to be her daughter's Rachel Summers too. She was a great role model and showed so much compassion and patience for others. Not to mention she kicked butts as Dark Phoenix or friend zoned Wolverine. Love all her uncanny issues too.

Black Cat: I adored her so much while growing up, she was everything. I loved her persona as Black Cat she was such an unpredictable character and her soft spot for Morbius was unexplainable but she's so sexy and fun overall!
Last edit: 15 November 2018 4:23 AM

Skilled
Reply: Farewell Stan Lee 15 Nov 2018 7:01 AM
 Wolverine - The OG and lowkey scared me. But I loved the x-men movies even tho I only watched them like when I was super young. It was still amazing to see him in action.

Captain America - I got really into Marvel because of the Captain America movies ngl. Like in the first avengers I was impressed but not enough to hardcore LOVE and then I finally watched the Captain America movies and was amazed !!! Even if part of that reason was because of Bucky!!! I just really love that there's a traditional Hero in this century.

Deadpool - Everyone's gonna say he's hilarious and i'm gonna say it too. Loved Deadpool 1, haven't watched Deadpool 2 but getting at it. I just love his character and how well rounded his character is ?? 

Black Cat - Made me gay. I love her costume so much it's so PREDDY. I also do remember dressing up as Black Cat when I was little but HEHE.

Scarlett Witch - UHM? LOVE? I didn't pay attention to her until I saw her in Infinity War but she is LITERALLY amazing and now one of my favessss. We stan a legend.

Storm - I remember playing this x-men game and I'd always pick storm like it was just always her and everyone got pissed off cause I kept hogging her. But anyway I love storm she is iconic zeus is SHAKING.

Novice
Reply: Farewell Stan Lee 16 Nov 2018 1:38 AM
3 male Marvel heroes:

Spider-man: He taught me that you can be an ordinary kid who was bullied can then become something unexpected such as a hero to those around him (as well as being Stan's first marvel character and my first Marvel hero I ever saw on the big screen and in comic books)

Deadpool: One of my favorite anti-heroes, a pure comedic release and although he shows no care in the world, the love he gave to Vanessa and watching his whole world crumble was relatable right now (and just for the love of his chimichangas)

Iron-man: Although most of the time I saw him as an arrogant ass, he was one of those people who saw the errors in his ways and tried to redo his wrongs, as well as being the only hero open about being a hero (everyone hides their identity then we have Tony over here being open about being iron-man) 

3 Marvel females:

Shuri: She is a lot smarter with technology than what Stark is, and proves that she can kick ass and defend herself than needing to rely on T'Challa to always get her out of trouble (as well as being the typical brother and sister pestering) and that's something I like to admire of heroes of not only being able to one up others in different skills, but as well as showing that brother/sister bond

Black widow: Alongside Shuri, Romanov showed that she can fend for herself and reminding me about a certain someone close to my heart who can battle so much and still come out on top, as well as her role as a peacekeeper for most of the Avengers. Her toughness is a great symbol to anyone who watches her in the avengers and hopefully gets her own film one day

Gamora: I found her so hilarious in GoTG and GoTG volume II, awkwardly not dancing with Quill, as well as trying to deny having feelings for him, but she proves that she too can fend for herself and although put through hell by Thanos, still finds love for her sister
Skilled
Reply: Farewell Stan Lee 16 Nov 2018 6:56 AM
Deadpool
Because Ryan Reynolds actually redeemed a character brutally slaughtered in the Marvel franchise.

Wolverine
That final Wolverine movie really got to me and I am really mad that they had to kill off this character.

Scarlett Witch
Because who deosn't love a character represented in two different movie series? Not to forget that she's Magneto's daughter.

Cyclops
Also who deosn't love a character who fires lasers out of his eyes and got murdered by his reborn dead girlfriend?

Storm
This. Woman. Controls. The. Weather. And. Proves. That. You. Can. Change. Your. Hair. Every. Movie.

Elektra
Ok even though this movie was terrible, let's all remember that superhero movies could have been bad ok?
Reply: Farewell Stan Lee 16 Nov 2018 9:14 AM
I'm still shocked that Stan Lee has passed away He will never be forgotten! :( I love the Marvel films and always will enjoy watching them forever. 

Captain America - is really fit and has a shiny indestructible shield. It's just impressive and such an amazing character he has become. Chris Evans is such a great actor for this role. 

Deadpool - Is super funny, awesome and just cracks me up every time as Deadpool movies are so good. It's just the funny quotes he uses such as the one where he attacks bad guys with only 12 bullets and says "Bad Deadpool....Good Deadpool!"  I just love the humour he puts into his movies. Ryan Reynolds just makes the perfect role. 

Wolverine - Has metal claws and runs really fast! Hugh Jackman really shows how good an actor he is in X-Men, Wolverine and Logan movies. I just found the connection of him when he cried when Charles Xavier died and also when he had to kill Jean Grey how much it hurts him emotionally.

Storm - I just love her so much to the point that she can control the weather when she flies and thunder and lightening all comes at once! She's is such an amazing helpful person in X-Men movie.  Halle Berry is my favourite for this role. 

Scarlet Witch - I really like her relationship with Vision especially in the recent Avengers: Infinity War movie. It was so gripping and emotional. I just felt that emotion. I like that she has mind control and can throw objects with her mind.

Marvel Girl - Has Telepathy who wouldn't want to be able to levitate objects! I just enjoyed the relationship that she shared with Wolverine and also how she showed how she felt that a father figure in Charles Xavier helped her become one of the best female superheroes in the X-Men movies. 

Just saying all of these Icons are so amazing super talented!

Reply: Farewell Stan Lee 17 Nov 2018 6:47 AM
Deadpool: “When you’re confronted with a horrible situation, there are only two reactions that make sense: laughter and tears. And laughter, after all, is nature’s anesthesia. Tears hurt too much.”
Sometimes things get really hard in life and, while it’s not always the easiest, laughing through it makes me feel better than crying.

Wolverine: I think it’s really cool the movie series has been going for 17 years. I also didn’t know that Wolverine was from Canada.

Nightcrawler: During and after his death, he managed to help others. Not everyone is willing to put others above themselves and that’s a really admirable quality. 

Black Cat: There’s something to be said for someone who (while she had her bad moments) chose to do good after traumatic events. I don’t know if I would want to go to the good side.

Scarlett Witch: While she has many interesting qualities, I think it’s really interesting her nanny was a cow.

Spider Woman: She has so many talents, can speak so many languages, she’s a bounty hunter, and also a private investigator—THAT’S SO COOL!
Last edit: 17 November 2018 6:49 AM

You're missing out!

Login or signup free to participate in discussions!

Learn more about us »

Viewing as Guest

Guests can only view posts in limited forum categories.

Login or sign up

Active users
Found your new crush?