Beginner
Finding: Beta Testers! 3 Oct 2016 8:50 PM
Hey!

So we have a small little feature coming soon - something that I really enjoyed back in the old days, before merge. (So we're kinda reviving an old Habbo website feature).

I've been coding on my long bus rides in India, and free time here - but now I need your help to test things out!

I'm looking for testers, both staff and non-staff are welcome. You'll be given access to the feature, and get to test it and fish for bugs. And as a thank you, we'll also reward you with a little something!

While I'd love to let everyone test it out, I don't want to spoil the fun for others yet, so we'll have to limit the number of people!

Post below why you think you should help test the new feature out, and tell me:
- What feature you'd like to see on HB
- To you, what's the most important factor: convenience/simplicity etc.?
Note: You need to be super-active and have a decent amount of points! (but dw about the points, you'll get them back!)

I'll have this up for 12 hours! Also, staff are required to post if you'd like to be part of it too!

Thanks!

Rookie
Reply: Finding: Beta Testers! 3 Oct 2016 9:26 PM
- Why I want to help - Because i'm already helping you with part of this so why not help with the rest ;)
- What feature you'd like to see on HB - homepage stickers or something!
- To you, what's the most important factor: convenience/simplicity etc.? - easy to purchase/place/use
Note: You need to be super-active and have a decent amount of points! (but dw about the points, you'll get them back!)

ry

Skilled
Reply: Finding: Beta Testers! 3 Oct 2016 9:37 PM
I can try help :P cause i'm quite active (if this isn't around my exam dates). 
Features: 
1. More type of duckies added (eg. Christmas, Icy, Bloody, Duck Frank, Gory, Wannabe and more)
2. Like for profile tab
3. Leaderboard of user with most thread created, most replies
4. Have a monthly competition for most thread & replies (with site achievement)
4. a page of user who has nice profile tab 
5. More profile banners

I would prefer nice looking, convenience and simplicity, because nice looking attracts user, convenience and simplicity won't get new user confused and its easy.

Rookie
Reply: Finding: Beta Testers! 3 Oct 2016 9:48 PM
I always want to test something and help for the best in HB Community, I'm always free and easy to contact. 
What feature you'd like to see on HB? More fun & exciting games in the games tab
To you, what's the most important factor: convenience/simplicity etc.? Well organized, Convenience and Simplicity, easy to find and access.
Last edit: 3 October 2016 9:48 PM
[center][img]http://i.imgur.com/FEbbv7O.gif[/img][img]http://i.imgur.com/CE1g0sU.png[/img][/center]
Talented
Reply: Finding: Beta Testers! 3 Oct 2016 9:54 PM
Why you think you should help test the new feature out:
i want to join elite beta squad. i want to find them bugs and smash 'em

What feature you'd like to see on HB:
- customise placement (left/right side of page) or order of tabs/add-ons (e.g. bio, achievements, collections)
- ability to allow which profile add-ons can be seen by others
- meh stickies meh

forum
- save post as draft
- direct image upload to hb without using secondary sites (e.g. tinypic or imgur)
- ability to preview post before creating thread

games
- UPDATE GUESS WHOOOOO

To you, what's the most important factor
new feature should be pleasing to the eye. as long as it's not complexed and too outstanding, all izz well. simplicity is key.
Novice
Reply: Finding: Beta Testers! 3 Oct 2016 11:58 PM
Why you think you should help test the new feature out:
I want to be a part of this so that I know what is best for the fansite in the viewpoint of a normal user and as a 'fan'. (:

1. A like for profile tab just like what BryanYH has said
2. Ability to tag users on the content written on the profile tabs
3. 'Animated' usernames. Eg: Having your username to glow continuously (??)
4. Ability to choose between profile background for the enitre profile page and profile background for the upper part of the profile page
5. Ability to edit posts on forum
6. Receive notifications about being tagged by another user or having your post quoted

To you, what's the most important factor: 
Simplicity at its finest and of course, features which can be easily be used and understood by others.

Rookie
Reply: Finding: Beta Testers! 4 Oct 2016 1:03 AM
I would love to be a tester! I love testing things such as iOS & Windows beta programs, so being involved in new releases on HabboBites would be equally amazing. I would be sure to give my honest view, and what I think could possibly need changing, or suggestions towards things that could be added.

I would love to see some API integration. I have already suggested this, but to have Spotify API integrated into the request line, would be great. SOOO.... when you type the start of a song, it checks spotify and instant searches for songs... the user clicks the song on the list and then done! This would be something no other fansite has taken advantage of, and would prevent those mistyping song names, something which would effect the weekly charts. It could also help our DJ's since its all linked up, it would tell them if it were explicit or not, before even getting the song! Also could leave the opportunity for album artwork in places if we wanted to... pretty!

To you, what's the most important factor:
Simplicity and design, as well as being entirely functional. It needs to be 'HabboBitey', and if not should be tweaked to fit our audience. 
Last edit: 4 October 2016 1:04 AM
Skilled
Reply: Finding: Beta Testers! 4 Oct 2016 4:33 PM

More things added to leaderboards e.g. most threads, most replies, most events won, etc.
More distinct options in bbcode e.g. positioning, animation, sizes

Since HB overall looks simple/clean, future features should stick within that scope or else it could look too crowded and messy

Kaleidoscope Love

Reply: Finding: Beta Testers! 4 Oct 2016 6:07 PM
1. how many listeners are tuned in on the radio, just on the homepage. Instead of only having staff access to it. 
2. Profile tabs & being able to comment/like them as mentioned above.
3. Maybe a fee to get a name change if someone wants to change their username (?)
4. Separation of notifications with date stamps instead of just time stamps?
Well organized, easy to locate things, not over-crowded by text boxes everywhere & pictures are where necessary. 

You're missing out!

Login or signup free to participate in discussions!

Learn more about us »

Viewing as Guest

Guests can only view posts in limited forum categories.

Login or sign up

Active users
Found your new crush?