Rookie
Reply: Photo of the Day - National Geographic 24 Oct 2016 3:23 AM
OCTOBER 07, 2016

Something to Smile About  It’s World Smile Day, and even the animal kingdom can get in on the fun: Here, a gorilla flashes a mischievous smirk in south Gabon’s Moukalaba-Doudou National Park. Gorillas are vegetarians, and though they eat ants and termites, they prefer leaves, plant stems, roots, flowers, and plump fruit.
PHOTOGRAPH BY DAVID KORTE, NATIONAL GEOGRAPHIC YOUR SHOT

ry

Rookie
Reply: Photo of the Day - National Geographic 24 Oct 2016 3:32 AM
OCTOBER 08, 2016

A New Day  An Arabian oryx welcomes a new day in the United Arab Emirates. “I was racing time to get from my hotel in Dubai to the Margham desert before sunrise to get this photo [of the] oryx in [its] natural environment,” photographer Ali Faisal Al-Houti writes. Though the animals faced extinction in the early 1970s when only six remained in the wild, their numbers have dramatically increased thanks to breeding programs and conservation efforts.
PHOTOGRAPH BY ALI FAISAL AL-HOUTI, NATIONAL GEOGRAPHIC YOUR SHOT

ry

Rookie
Reply: Photo of the Day - National Geographic 24 Oct 2016 3:38 AM
OCTOBER 09, 2016

Fast Friends  Sunlight and an affable smile beam in a smokehouse in Gambia. “I took this photo on a recent holiday to Gunjur,” Your Shot member Justin Anantawan writes. “One afternoon, I decided to bike [along] the shoreline and came upon a fishery with a multitude of fishing boats and smokehouses. After chatting up one of the local fishermen and buying him some chakri (yogurt and millet), I convinced him to take me around [to] visit his friends.”
PHOTOGRAPH BY JUSTIN ANANTAWAN, NATIONAL GEOGRAPHIC YOUR SHOT
Last edit: 24 October 2016 3:38 AM

ry

Rookie
Reply: Photo of the Day - National Geographic 24 Oct 2016 3:40 AM
OCTOBER 10, 2016

As Old as Ice  Seen from above, striped and grooved chunks of ice in Jökulsárlón, a glacial lagoon in Iceland, reveal ages of wear and tear. The ice comes from the nearby Vatnajökull, Iceland’s largest glacier.
PHOTOGRAPH BY PHILIPP KOMMENDA, NATIONAL GEOGRAPHIC YOUR SHOT

ry

You're missing out!

Login or signup free to participate in discussions!

Learn more about us ยป

Viewing as Guest

Guests can only view posts in limited forum categories.

Login or sign up

Active users
Found your new crush?