Skilled
Camping 16 Oct 2016 2:32 PM
Some people love it, others hate it. What about you?

I've been forced to go camping in different locations within Asia with my school annually for the past five years or so and I don't really enjoy it at all. It was always way too hot when I was trying to sleep, and the weather seemed to always be against me. Once one of my peers started screaming in the middle of the night from a tent nearby and I thought someone was dying, so I went back to sleep because no. The next morning I found out he had been bitten by a poisonous millipede and wouldn't be able to walk for a few months. I have also been camping in the UK before, and it was so cold I thought Jas had just dropped one of her insanely savage comments onto some innocent two year old who didn't know how to pitch up her own tent. Also camping food sucks bye.
Skilled
Reply: Camping 16 Oct 2016 2:43 PM

holy crap i didn't know millipedes that the ability to do that.

Camping is a definite no for me. i've never actually gone camping with tents before and I don't really plan on it either.
As much as I appreciate the nature, I also value sanitation and hygiene. If you ask me to pee in the bushes I think I'd rather die holding it in.
Camping with cabins/lodges however, I'm more comfortable in agreeing with. But out in the nature with tents and sleeping bags? I'll pass.

Kaleidoscope Love

Rookie
Reply: Camping 16 Oct 2016 3:23 PM
i do enjoy attending camps for school! 

my most memorable one so far would be a compulsory "resilience camp" in Malaysia!!

i signed up for the Wilderness team so we had to live in the jungle for about 3 days and 2 nights!! whereas the Horizon team cycled 52km, and Summit had to scale rocks and caves and stuff idk

like we had to build our own shelter w sticks and leaves bc there aren't tents for us to use, and food & water were rationed, and we had to compete for extra food. i remember having one chocolate bar and half a potato for dinner one night....

one of the days we had to compete for 2 CHICKENs!!! it was my first time seeing meat in 2 days so i was really into the competition.. and my group came in 3rd place by half a second.. so we didn't get the chicken.. and i actually cried :))) but some of my group members apparently helped the other team to de-feather and remove the chicken guts, so we got one drumstick as a reward from them... and that's how we had 20 people sharing one drumstick and bamboo-cooked rice for dinner.

ALSO!! we all had to bathe in the river nearby so the girls would go to a spot and the guys would go to another spot. it literally was my favourite time of the day because it's so humid in the jungle :(

last day we had to hike up and down a trail, and I LOST MY ENTIRE SHOE SOLE so i literally hiked in my socks as well

and another incident was when we had a campfire one night and there was a huge snake near our shelters and we all freaked out lmao

ok thats it this my favourite camp so far because it really tested my mental strength like crazy and it's a good memory from secondary school. would attend another time if i had the chance to

with love,

Skilled
Reply: Camping 16 Oct 2016 4:05 PM
Personally I love adventuring/exploring so camping sounds very attractive to me!

I've tried it out a few years back and what annoyed me most was the amount of mosquitoes. Other than insects, I'm fine w camping. I really had a lot of fun sleeping under the stars w my friends and I definitely want to go on a camping trip soon!

Staying in Singapore doesn't give me much camping opportunities cause we're such a small country with buildings everywhere. It's pretty hot at night sometimes so sleeping outdoors w no fan/air con is a complete torture. 

I'd say I'm quite a good cook and my friends enjoyed the food I made in the wild HAHAHAH Though I'm not sure about the hygiene part cause we were in the wild and we couldn't wash our mini tin cans. 

seduction is my art (-:

Beginner
Reply: Camping 16 Oct 2016 8:10 PM
no .

Rookie
Reply: Camping 16 Oct 2016 8:40 PM
Only time i would camp is if it was glamping

ry

Skilled
Reply: Camping 16 Oct 2016 9:45 PM
I once went camping in the zoo and it was terrible cause monkeys were screaming at 7am. On the other hand school camps made me wanna kill myself. THE FOOD ALWAYS SUCKED. 

You're missing out!

Login or signup free to participate in discussions!

Learn more about us »

Viewing as Guest

Guests can only view posts in limited forum categories.

Login or sign up

Active users
Found your new crush?