Rookie
Camera Types 19 Oct 2016 4:36 AM
I'm interested if anyone has any solid knowledge of cameras.

Which camera type would be best to get, if I wanted to just take everyday photography.
I don't exactly want something too snazzy but I want to take good quality photos.

So, digital, bridge, hybrid, or DSLR?

What are their pros/cons?

Thanks in advance!
Talented
Reply: Camera Types 19 Oct 2016 6:30 AM
Definitely a DSLR if you're looking for something affordable but high quality.

Usually Canon is your best bet, probably something like the EOS 1200D it's cheap for a DSLR and I think it's good for beginners?

http://www.canon.co.uk/for_home/product_finder/cameras/digital_slr/eos_1200d/

Reply: Camera Types 19 Oct 2016 6:41 AM
There are parameters which we have to include when choosing a suitable camera. This includes budget, portability, reliability, ease of maintenance just to list a few.

Having said that, for the said expectation of daily usage and the photo quality. I would recommend for you to purchase a micro 4/3. There are several brands which has commendable models. We have the Panasonic G1, Olympus OM-D and the Fujifilm X-T1. Personally, I'm using the X-T1.

Pros : Portability, ease of use, interchangeable lenses, low light performance and handling.

Cons : Price point, compensation of focal length due to the crop factor sensor.

Hope it helps!
Last edit: 19 October 2016 6:43 AM
Reply: Camera Types 19 Oct 2016 6:42 AM
There are parameters which we have to include when choosing a suitable camera. This includes budget, portability, reliability, ease of maintenance just to list a few.

Having said that, for the said expectation of daily usage and the photo quality. I would recommend for you to purchase a micro 4/3. There are several brands which has commendable models. We have the Panasonic G1, Olympus OM-D and the Fujifilm X-T1. Personally, I'm using the X-T1.

Pros : Probability, ease of use, interchangeable lenses, low light performance and handling.

Cons : Price point, compensation of focal length due to the crop factor sensor.

Hope it helps!
Last edit: 19 October 2016 6:42 AM
Rookie
Reply: Camera Types 19 Oct 2016 7:02 AM
Thank you!! 

Yeah, I was looking for anything under or around £200. Don't want to spend so much because I'm no professional, but I want to at least get something which takes photos at a relatively 'wowish' kinda quality. Something that clearly is taken by a good camera.
Reply: Camera Types 19 Oct 2016 7:29 AM

Morgs Posted
19 October 2016 7:02 am

Thank you!! 

Yeah, I was looking for anything under or around £200. Don't want to spend so much because I'm no professional, but I want to at least get something which takes photos at a relatively 'wowish' kinda quality. Something that clearly is taken by a good camera.

The best start to me is analog photography, despite the running cost. Nothing beats learning from a good old camera, testing several settings in different light conditions and coming up with your own presets. Not one you get from a computer but one you get from the feel of the photographs which you crafted with your hands.

Yes, it maybe not what others are used to but this is the bare essentials of photography. Those who appreciate your work could literally, understand your thought process.
Beginner
Reply: Camera Types 19 Oct 2016 6:05 PM
if you have something above a galaxy s5 or an iphone 5s, that is very good for starters - and obviously you get all the advantages of a phone. however - i personally own a canon 650d and it isn't the best dslr in the market, but for 350 pounds what more could i of asked for! there are also very good "smart point and shoots" like the canon powershot mark II, it's about 500 pounds and is much more easier to travel with. if you want something for 200 pounds id suggest looking looking at compact digital cameras such as this:
http://www.camerahouse.com.au/products/Compact-Cameras/Sony-Cybershot-DSC-HX90V-Digital-Compact-Camera.aspx?gclid=CjwKEAjws5zABRDqkoOniLqfywESJACjdoiGQhW77TYear_5RxDnoP6lcjQFaYXi8RsQGiE6lwEw6BoCJAvw_wcB&gclsrc=aw.ds

500 aud is roughly 250 pounds, so that is a very good deal in my eyes :)

You're missing out!

Login or signup free to participate in discussions!

Learn more about us »

Viewing as Guest

Guests can only view posts in limited forum categories.

Login or sign up

Active users
Found your new crush?