Skilled
Awareness 24 Oct 2016 1:29 PM
What issue do you wish people would have more awareness to?

I've said this before and I'll say it again:

ANTIBIOTIC RESISTANT BACTERIA.

Honestly it scares the crap out of me that there are some bacteria out there that antibiotics have literally no effect on. This is mainly due to antibiotic misuse and handling. 

If you guys are ever prescribed antibiotics, make sure you finish the medication even if you claim to feel better. Also, if you have the cold and flu, don't bother taking antibiotics because they will probably do absolutely nothing. Only treat illnesses/infections caused by bacteria with antibiotics so for cold and flu, treat it with antiviral medication!

More information can be read here and here.

Oh yeah also, stop eating shark fin soup.

Kaleidoscope Love

Skilled
Reply: Awareness 24 Oct 2016 4:36 PM
RECYCLING

It is a term that we hear often but not many people engage in recycling which is very sad. Global warming is a pressing threat to humanity but yet little or no significant actions have been taken. My household participates in recycling, we separate our trash by plastic, paper and rubbish. All plastic containers/bottles are washed and thrown into a clean plastic bag. Paper is either shredded or thrown away in stacks. 

I think that via recycling, everyone can contribute a little to make a big difference in reducing air/land pollution caused by rubbish.

Click here to find out more! 

seduction is my art (-:

Novice
Reply: Awareness 26 Oct 2016 9:05 PM
kei Posted
24 October 2016 4:36 pm

RECYCLING

It is a term that we hear often but not many people engage in recycling which is very sad. Global warming is a pressing threat to humanity but yet little or no significant actions have been taken. My household participates in recycling, we separate our trash by plastic, paper and rubbish. All plastic containers/bottles are washed and thrown into a clean plastic bag. Paper is either shredded or thrown away in stacks. 

I think that via recycling, everyone can contribute a little to make a big difference in reducing air/land pollution caused by rubbish.

Click here to find out more! 

After seeing zero waste lifestyle videos, I think it's very simple to bring a handkerchief to wipe hands, or bring your own container to da-bao (pack) food. Like my my mum used to bring metal container to coffee shops for soups. And I like to put the items I buy into my bag instead of taking a plastic bag which is unnecessary. Such small acts will really make a huge difference in the long run!
Talented
Reply: Awareness 27 Oct 2016 2:45 AM
global warming. obviously people do know and are "aware" that it's real but their actions are doing nothing in terms of its prevention? 
Beginner
Reply: Awareness 27 Oct 2016 6:26 AM
Global warming still isn't solved until today and that might lead to the downfall of our species

shut it 

You're missing out!

Login or signup free to participate in discussions!

Learn more about us »

Viewing as Guest

Guests can only view posts in limited forum categories.

Login or sign up

Active users
Found your new crush?