Rookie
Instagram Live & Disappearing DM's 23 Nov 2016 12:09 AM
Today Instagram introduced two new features: Instagram live stories & disappearing direct messages!

Within the first, now you will have the opportunity within the Instagram app to live feed to your followers what you may be doing at the current moment, straight through the stories feed at the top of the app. The limit of streaming is an hour, but allows practically anyone following to see you live on their devices! There is an option to allow comments from those watching as well.

It will be rolling out within the next few weeks.

Another new feature is the direct image message feature. Some have said it is extremely similar as to how Snapchat works, but Instagram insists it is something that will interest its community of 100 million people. Naturally, similar to Snapchat, the images disappear after a set time of people opening the image.

You will only be able to send them to those that follow you back.

The feature released globally today.

What are your thoughts of the new features? Will you be using them?
Talented
Reply: Instagram Live & Disappearing DM's 23 Nov 2016 4:13 AM
lol is this facebook live and snapchat stories
Skilled
Reply: Instagram Live & Disappearing DM's 23 Nov 2016 11:25 AM
I don't see myself using instagram stories but as for the live feature, I wouldn't mind using that when I'm on my holidays soon!

Kaleidoscope Love

Reply: Instagram Live & Disappearing DM's 23 Nov 2016 3:11 PM
i live w/ dm's . :') gonna die bye x
Skilled
Reply: Instagram Live & Disappearing DM's 24 Nov 2016 2:14 AM
honestly i see no point in this update cause i'm alr using sc.. no point uploading same stories to two diff platforms!

seduction is my art (-:

You're missing out!

Login or signup free to participate in discussions!

Learn more about us »

Viewing as Guest

Guests can only view posts in limited forum categories.

Login or sign up

Active users
Found your new crush?