League of Legends - Current Meta, Strong Champions, etc. 3 Dec 2016 10:34 AM
What is League of Legends?
League of Legends is a fast-paced, competitive online game that blends the speed and intensity of an RTS with RPG elements. Two teams of powerful champions, each with a unique design and play style, battle head-to-head across multiple battlefields and game modes. With an ever-expanding roster of champions, frequent updates and a thriving tournament scene, League of Legends offers endless replay ability for players of every skill level.
A short introduction on myself

I'm currently playing in Garena (SEA) server, holding a Gold rank for a total of 2 seasons and started playing near the end of Season 4. I play the Attack Damage Carry (also known as ADC in-game) role and currently have 190.1k mastery points on Vayne. Of course, feel free to add me if you want to, my in-game name is TWICE Sana. (updated as of 3/12/16)

As of today, I am running Patch 6.23 on the official client of League of Legends and would like to share some of the stronger if not strongest champion in the game right now. Of course, these champions have to be played correctly in order to do well in games. 

Champion: LeBlanc - The Deceiver (Noxus)

LeBlanc is a champion which was recently reworked in the Assassin Rework, having these changes to her made her even stronger. Let's go through her abilities.

Passive: Sigil of Malice
 LeBlanc's abilities inflict Sigil of Malice, which can be detonated and consumed by her other abilities after a few seconds to deal bonus damage.

Q: Shatter Orb
 Fires an orb that damages an enemy. If the orb triggers Sigil of Malice it shatters, consuming the sigil and dealing damage to the nearest available Sigil of Malice.

W: Distortion
 Dashes to target location, dealing damage to all nearby enemies upon landing. Recasting Distortion within a few seconds returns Leblanc to her starting location.

E: Ethereal Chains
 Launches illusionary chains in a direction, damaging and shackling the first target hit. If the target remains shackled for a few moments, they'll take additional damage and become rooted.

R: Mimic
1st ability:  Leblanc becomes invisible for a short duration, creating a Mimic to take her place and cast a stronger version of one of her basic abilities. The Mimic lasts only for a few moments and expires if it takes damage from champions or turrets.

2nd ability: Mimicking Leblanc's ultimate spawns a Mimic at a target location instead. Once formed, the Mimic will walk toward the nearest visible enemy champion, casting a non-damaging version of Leblanc's most recently used ability upon arrival.

Explanation: LeBlanc actually requires a lot of thinking before you act. In the lane, you can use W (Distortion), then wait for her passive, and then Q (Shatter Orb) again, this will allow you to quickly clear the wave. On top of that, each minion that was killed by Shatter Orb will increase the skill's damage by a certain percentage. With this kit given to the reworked LeBlanc, you won't have to worry about having minions pushed into your tower anymore if you want to set up ganks for other lanes.

Q: Ultimate (Mimic), how does it work?
LeBlanc's new ulti has 2 abilities, one of which is to summon a clone which can help in saving your teammates, burning opponent's flash, scouting, acts as a temporary ward and many others which you can think of. All you have to do is to cast R 2 times, it should summon near your enemy or at the targeted area.

On the other hand, a single cast on R allows you to use any skill you want, be it Q, W, or even E. It's extremely helpful in bursting enemies down especially their carries. Make sure you use the ultimate well and at the right time!

Advantage: Her E procs (Proc is a common term used primarily in game programming to refer to an event triggered under particular circumstances.) as the same time as her passive, so you can deal a lot more damage. Having a loaded passive allows her to deal two times the damage from her skills, though it takes some time for the passive to load, it's worth it!

Some things about LeBlanc:
- Her roaming potential is extremely high, make use of that to assist other teammates.
- LeBlanc is extremely strong for early and mid game, she tends to struggle a lot late game.
- LeBlanc is well-known for bursting carries in the opponent's team
- LeBlanc's main damage output comes from Rabadon's Deathcap, if you're losing lane against an ability power (AP) champion, feel free to buy Abyssal Scepter and replace Rylai's. However, without Rylai's, you will have a hard time trying to stay alive after every team fight.

Example Full Build (not in any order):

What other champions do you think is extremely strong right now? Do let me know by replying to this forum! I'll be doing more guides on other champions which I find strong in the current patch :)
Last edit: 3 December 2016 5:32 PM
Skilled
Reply: League of Legends - Current Meta, Strong Champions, etc. 4 Dec 2016 10:06 PM
*kyaaaa* senpai carry me *v* 

I think Zed is one of the strongest! He can change the game by soloing lane etc. team engages in 4v5 fight while he solo push, it seems to always work unless the player is an actual noob HAHAHAH

seduction is my art (-:

Beginner
Reply: League of Legends - Current Meta, Strong Champions, etc. 4 Dec 2016 10:09 PM
i still don't know how the new leblanc and katarina work!! :-( 

Reply: League of Legends - Current Meta, Strong Champions, etc. 4 Dec 2016 10:13 PM
kei Posted
4 December 2016 10:06 pm

*kyaaaa* senpai carry me *v* 

I think Zed is one of the strongest! He can change the game by soloing lane etc. team engages in 4v5 fight while he solo push, it seems to always work unless the player is an actual noob HAHAHAH

Zed is kind of out of meta as of now.

Current strong champions:
Top: Darius, Poppy
Jungle: Rengar, Shyvana, Vi
Mid: LeBlanc, Ahri, Lux, Katarina
Attack Damage Carry: Vayne (Botrk, Guinswoo path), Twitch (Runaan's into Statikk Shiv)
Support: Janna
Last edit: 4 December 2016 10:19 PM

You're missing out!

Login or signup free to participate in discussions!

Learn more about us »

Viewing as Guest

Guests can only view posts in limited forum categories.

Login or sign up

Active users
Found your new crush?