League of Legends 15 May 2016 1:49 PM
What's good?
Are you a huge fan of League of Legends?
Well.. if you are, this will probably be a great location for you to share your strategy and experience with all HabboBiters!
If you aren't, then it's time to join the League!

First and foremost, League of Legends (LoL) is a free-to play multiplayer online battle arena (MOBA), real time strategy video game developed and published by the Riot Games. In League of Legends, players take over the role of an unseen "summoner" that controls a "champion" with unique abilities and battle against a team of other online players or computer controlled champions as known as Artificial Intelligence (AI). The goal is usually to destroy the opposing team's "nexus", a structure which lies at the heart of a base protected by defensive structures called turrets. Each League of Legends match is discrete, with all champions starting off fairly weak but increasing in strength by accumulating items and experience over the course of the game.

League of Legends consists of 3 main maps, or so called "Fields of Justice," each have different terrain, objectives and victory conditions, as well as varied summoner spells and items. A fourth map, Crystal Scar, was discontinued. Summoner's Rift is the most popular map in League of Legends. On this map, two teams of 5 players battle to take down an enemy building called a Nexus, which is guarded by a number of defensive structures, Towers, and defended by the enemy team. One nexus is located in each enemy base on opposite sides of the map, in the lower left and upper right hand corners. These structures continually create weak non-player characters known as minions, which advance toward the enemy base along three lanes: top, middle lanes, bottom. Players compete to advance these waves of minions into the enemy base, which allows them to destroy enemy structures, achieve intermediate objectives, and ultimately victory.

Between enemy lanes are more neutral areas of the map known as the Jungle and the River. The Jungle is arrayed in four quadrants and contains a variety of more powerful non-player characters known as Monsters. The River bisects the map from the upper left to the lower right hand corners and contains three types of neutral Monsters, the Scuttle Crab, Dragon, and Rift Herald/Baron Nashor. 

Summoner's Rift features a number of intermediate objectives. These provide a range of advantages which allows players to better achieve overall victory:

Turrets - Each lane is guarded on either side by powerful defensive structures called turrets. Turrets will attack enemy minions and players that approach them. Turret's will prioritize enemy minions in their vicinity, but will immediately attack enemy players if they attack allied players. Thus, by advancing an allied minion wave into the range of a turret, a player can do damage to the structure without themselves being attacked. When destroyed, turrets, depending on location, provide gold and experience. Turrets that are destroyed are destroyed permanently for that match and will not respawn. Some turrets, depending on location, will regenerate health over time if they are damaged but not destroyed.

Inhibitor - Each lane contains one Inhibitor. Inhibitors may be attacked after a team has destroyed the three turrets guarding each lane. Destroying an Inhibitor will cause the allied Nexus to spawn Super Minions, more powerful Minions that provide a buff to surrounding Minions. When destroyed, Inhibitors provide gold to the destroying champion. Inhibitors will respawn after five minutes. Inhibitors will regain health over time if they are damaged but not destroyed.

Rift Herald - The Rift Herald is a powerful Monster located in the upper side of the River. Killing the Rift Herald provides a buff that can be picked up by a member of the killing team, which makes surrounding Minions more powerful. This Monster will respawn five minutes after it is killed, though it despawns after 19 minutes and 45 seconds, which it is replaced with Baron Nashor.Baron Nashor - Baron Nashor is a powerful Monster located in the upper side of the River. It will spawn after twenty minutes, replacing the Rift Herald. All members of the team that kills Baron Nashor are given a buff, which makes surrounding Minions more powerful, as well as experience and gold. This Monster will respawn seven minutes after it is killed.

The Dragon - The dragon is a powerful Monster located in the bottom half of the river. All members of the team that kills the dragon are provided with buffs that accrue cumulatively for up to five dragons killed. The dragon will respawn six minutes after it is killed.

Blue Sentinel and Red Brambleback - One Blue Sentinel is located in the first and third quadrants of the Jungle. One Red Brambleback is located in the second and fourth quadrants of the Jungle. Killing these Monsters will grant a buff, which provides additional combat statistics for the killing player. These buffs decay after a set period of time. Each monster will respawn five minutes after killed.

Scuttle Crab - One Scuttle Crab is located on either side of the river. Killing this monster will grant vision of an area and create a Speed Shrine, which temporarily increases the speed of allied champions to move through the area. This Monster respawns, and the shrine disappears three minutes after it is killed.

Additional Neutral Monsters - Other Neutral Monsters spawn at various intervals in the Jungle, and provide the player with various beneficial effects if the Summoner Spell Smite is used on them.

Source: Wikipedia

Reply: League of Legends 15 May 2016 2:00 PM
nice! now i know a little more about LoL XD
Skilled
Reply: League of Legends 15 May 2016 5:03 PM
omg league!! that is like, such an in-depth explaination lmao
to learn how to play league, all you have to do is play! play with friends and you'll love it even more cause some times you can be such a troll 

seduction is my art (-:

Rookie
Reply: League of Legends 15 May 2016 5:06 PM
i only play bots because im scared of the community :(

with love,

Novice
Reply: League of Legends 15 May 2016 5:36 PM
Never really got into this, plus it's so competitive! So I wouldn't be such a good fit for this game haha
Beginner
Reply: League of Legends 30 May 2016 9:22 PM
woo hello!! i'm a league player! i really enjoy league of legends & can't actually survive without it!?!?  but honestly, being an adc is tough as hek bc i totally feed when my sp isnt aggresive enough ;-(

Skilled
Reply: League of Legends 30 May 2016 10:14 PM
My brother used to always play league but i was just like ?? ? ? in the sidelines. I prefer Brawlhalla tbh LMFAO.

Rookie
Reply: League of Legends 31 May 2016 1:55 AM
I never actually played it. My boyfriend is obsessed with it lol....
Talented
Reply: League of Legends 31 May 2016 2:01 AM
In first year at uni I had two Chinese flat mates who were OBSESSED with league of legends and one of them showed me how it works and I just didn't understand haha

You're missing out!

Login or signup free to participate in discussions!

Learn more about us »

Viewing as Guest

Guests can only view posts in limited forum categories.

Login or sign up

Active users
Found your new crush?