Rookie
Depression and anxiety 3 Mar 2017 11:15 PM
Have you experienced/are you experiencing depression and anxiety or know anyone regarding this topic? How do you/they cope with it? 

I am experiencing the lowest point in my life. Everyday when I wake up I am overflowing with emotion, worry, and anxiousness (due to something personal). A lot of things triggers it and I can't seem to get it off my mind. My heart is constantly racing and I could break down any time. This is affecting my appetite, my sleep and my daily life. I never stop thinking about it.

What would you advise me to do? It sucks feeling like this.

Reply: Depression and anxiety 4 Mar 2017 12:16 AM
i'd say find things or people that make you happy. stay around positive people for they make you positive. also, i think that sometimes it's us that thinks too much so often, we're the ones that brings anxiety and worry to ourselves that are not necessary at all. 

anyway, i haven't been through what you have been through. but, i'll say stay strong, take care and love yourself. 
Skilled
Reply: Depression and anxiety 4 Mar 2017 2:25 AM
take one day at a time, it may sound cheesy but doing so and starting off fresh every day is really important for your mental health. Don't think to hard in to the future or else you lose your footings in the present. And you have to believe that you are living everyday so forth such that it can even take effect.
Beginner
Reply: Depression and anxiety 4 Mar 2017 6:16 PM
Honestly, what I do when I'm down and feeling upset is just do something that gets your mind off things. For me, it would be habbo but slowly reality catches up which is LAME BUT at least it gets things off my mind for a bit. Also maybe try to watch a few comedy shows? E.g. Friends ( THEY R HILARIOUS) 

Let your emotions out and don't hold them in because suppressing them only makes it worse 

STAY STRONG and try your hardest to think positive, positivity is key 

Try your best not to dwell over negative things!!!! Do things that make you laugh like ... a Skype call with a few mates?

but anywho stay strong fella! Wish you all the best x
Beginner
Reply: Depression and anxiety 5 Mar 2017 7:22 PM
I do too, experience what you're experiencing. Having your entire mind filled with emotions especially during mornings aka 5-6am & midnights. I do suffer from anxiety very very often, almost like every single day. In my case, I usually let my tears out at night, crying in the dark. I feel like that would be the only time where you don't actually let anyone worry about yourself because they wouldn't know. But if you're someone more willing, you can always consult a counsellor/ your family members so that you can let out your emotions infront of them. 

Stay strong Luq! 
Last edit: 5 March 2017 7:23 PM

Rookie
Reply: Depression and anxiety 5 Mar 2017 7:53 PM
Try listening to some music specially targetted for that. I usually youtube 'music to relieve stress and anxiety' and most of the time it works for me after listening it for around 30mins or longer. There's loads of music avaliable so try and find one that doesn't irritates you as much. 

Occasionally I find that I can't control my emotions that well anymore especially with loads of things going around me. Try sharing your problems with those that could truly understand you. Crying works as well.

Stay strong Luq! There's loads of difficulties in life and I know sometimes things can get really tough. I know you can do it! xoxo 

Beginner
Reply: Depression and anxiety 5 Mar 2017 8:11 PM
I guess the only thing you can do is to let time tell and heal. Everything everyone mentioned here don't work on me and i don't have the luxury of time to take a day off.. What i do now is just trying to figure out as i continue being busy and stress. One day the light will shine. Don't worry :D

Rookie
Reply: Depression and anxiety 5 Mar 2017 8:30 PM
Take time out for yourself each day to rest a little and maybe treat yourself to something that makes you happy; like buying a cake or donut for yourself or by watching your favourite film/tv show or by just laying down and listening to music. Be kind to yourself and give yourself a pat on the back whenever you do a simple task such as eating, brushing your teeth or showering. This is also so simple but make sure to drink heaps of water throughout the day! It is okay not to be okay and sometimes crying helps get all your emotions out. These ideas aren't going to magically help you feel better but they make it a bit easier to cope x

If you are feeling like this for more than 2 weeks I recommend that you should go see someone about it. I hope it gets better soon am always here if you need someone to talk to x
Beginner
Reply: Depression and anxiety 5 Mar 2017 10:15 PM
I usually sleep, eat a lot, find people who understand the situation and talk about it. Gather people who you're most comfortable with and tell them everything. Keepin it to yourself wont benefit you. Some self-reflection would be good too. 

I hope you get better soon x

shut it 

You're missing out!

Login or signup free to participate in discussions!

Learn more about us ยป

Viewing as Guest

Guests can only view posts in limited forum categories.

Login or sign up

Active users
Found your new crush?