Rookie
Making a work mistake = feeling like a failure (?) 2 Jul 2017 1:04 AM
Hey guys!

I was wondering if any of you have ever made a mistake in work, whether it's big or small, and then you dwell on it for the rest of the day (or evening/night).

I made a mistake yesterday of forgetting to put on a child's diaper/nappy because they also go on the toilet, so you know....put two and two together, it makes sense why I forgot to put one on, even though she had come in wearing one. I just completely forgot, and it was all a blur of a morning because we were about to be observed in the classroom.
Sorry if this is a bit over the top, LOL. 

It's just really annoying....and then you feel like you're being judged for the rest of the day because of that mistake, or you feel like you look like you can't even do your job properly. Ugh.

Anyone else have any 'work mistake' experiences of situations like this?
☕☕☕☕☕☕☕☕☕☕☕☕☕☕☕☕
Rookie
Reply: Making a work mistake = feeling like a failure (?) 2 Jul 2017 4:05 AM
One time I left the pizza oven on at my old job after shutting down for the night and only realized when I got home and then I couldn't sleep because I was convinced the building was going to burn down!!  Ends up my supervisor had shut it off anyways HAHAH
Rookie
Reply: Making a work mistake = feeling like a failure (?) 2 Jul 2017 7:34 PM
Of course, I have made work mistakes and still do.
My job is very stressful and very busy, its far to easy to miss things out. As long as I mention the mistake to my manager and solve the issue myself its ok. Everything has to be recored in a 'near misses' book but thats the type of work I do.

Josh ~ United Kingdom
I still don't know what to put here....

Skilled
Reply: Making a work mistake = feeling like a failure (?) 2 Jul 2017 11:26 PM
There's not a day in my life that I don't sit at the bus stop and think back on the whole day; if i've made any stupid mistakes. Because it happens all the time. The worst time was when I did a home delivery order worth $200+ and didn't check the item before hand. Turns out the supplier ran out of stock and the item she ordered and already paid for wasn't even available in Singapore. Stressed out my supervisor and HQ while I slept at home cause I was off for 2 days :-)

Rookie
Reply: Making a work mistake = feeling like a failure (?) 5 Jul 2017 1:34 PM
Yes. I am still dwelling over mistakes that I have done over a year ago 

You're missing out!

Login or signup free to participate in discussions!

Learn more about us »

Viewing as Guest

Guests can only view posts in limited forum categories.

Login or sign up

Active users
Found your new crush?