Deep Thoughts Thread 7 Jan 2018 4:01 PM
So I thought perhaps will start this thread as I've noticed there are many deep-thinkers here :) I'll start with one of mine I've written not so long ago, on my phone... It was supposed to be a response to a Facebook comment about the Harvey Weinstein allegations and the user was saying how unbelievable it has become since so many people are coming to light with sexual assault allegations.
I didn't post it, because I felt like it wasn't the place to do so- it will simply be retorted due to ignorance- but I really reacted to it...

"Perhaps this could provide another perspective:
The allegations that have come to widespread attention recently is but the tip of the iceberg- in comparison to the number of people that had been sexually assaulted before but have not come forward; or they had come forward, but since the victim and/or alleged/accused are not famous, it barely sheds light.
Say I know at least 10 people personally that have been sexually assaulted before. And say those 10 people knew 10 more people each, so on so forth - it is a deep-rooted problem, and Hollywood barely shines a spotlight on this stage.
The fact that sexual assaults are so commonplace even in our ordinary lives, this surge of public allegations shouldn't be seen with a 'is it all really true?' lens, but 'how deep is this problem?' and 'is my mother/sister/auntie/niece/friend OK?', and 'how can I help?'
Last edit: 7 January 2018 4:02 PM
Beginner
Reply: Deep Thoughts Thread 7 Jan 2018 6:46 PM
I feel like people are so in a hurry to advance themselves and the world around them that they forget to stop and think about the little things that could matter to others or how it would impact others.

Reply: Deep Thoughts Thread 7 Jan 2018 8:22 PM
Audemars Posted
7 January 2018 6:46 pm

I feel like people are so in a hurry to advance themselves and the world around them that they forget to stop and think about the little things that could matter to others or how it would impact others.

I read a book 'Tuesdays with Morrie' that really made me think of this point you mention, about life <3 It's a very good book.

You're missing out!

Login or signup free to participate in discussions!

Learn more about us ยป

Viewing as Guest

Guests can only view posts in limited forum categories.

Login or sign up

Active users
Found your new crush?