Skilled
The Magicians 17 Feb 2018 12:47 PM
Genre: Fantasy, Mild Horror?
Maturity Rating: 18+
Trigger Warning: Gore, Swearing, Sexual references.

"Quentin Coldwater enrolls at Brakebills University for Magical Pedagogy to be trained as a magician, where he discovers that the magical world from his favorite childhood books is real and poses a danger to humanity. Meanwhile, the life of his childhood friend Julia is derailed when she is denied entry, and she searches for magic elsewhere."

I find this story quite intriguing as, on one hand you see Quentin living in his dream fantasy while he's forced to leave his best friend behind. Julia on the other hand faces denial, but is still determined to find her way to magic. It sends the message of two different people and how they'd deal with their situation. 

This show is generally 20/30 minutes per episode, with 3 seasons currently running. You can watch season 1 and 2 on netflix, but unfortunately season 3 hasn't been added. If you have access to the TV Channel: SYFY, you'll be able to catch season 3 while it airs!
Last edit: 17 February 2018 12:48 PM

Skilled
Reply: The Magicians 17 Feb 2018 4:20 PM
Sounds so interesting i bet im gonna be like skip skip at the gore parts

Skilled
Reply: The Magicians 17 Feb 2018 5:16 PM
LMFAO probably knowing you !!! Tbh i did just skip skip skip the scary parts cause i didn't want jump scares to haunt me for the rest of my life but yes its v nice i likey 

Skilled
Reply: The Magicians 17 Feb 2018 5:42 PM
sounds nice!!

Rookie
Reply: The Magicians 19 Feb 2018 9:10 AM
I really enjoyed season 1 of this series! Season 2 got a bit weird, and season 3 is just... Bad....
I've stopped watching it as I really don't enjoy this anymore :(
Skilled
Reply: The Magicians 19 Feb 2018 6:00 PM
Gina Posted
19 February 2018 9:10 am

I really enjoyed season 1 of this series! Season 2 got a bit weird, and season 3 is just... Bad....
I've stopped watching it as I really don't enjoy this anymore :(

I found season 2 made me scream internally a lot. Just too much bad shit happening but ! I'm really looking forward to season 3 :(

Rookie
Reply: The Magicians 19 Mar 2018 10:17 AM
this is interesting.
Skilled
Reply: The Magicians 19 Mar 2018 6:52 PM
Congruent Posted
19 March 2018 10:17 am

this is interesting.

Yes it is please go watch it

Novice
Reply: The Magicians 19 Mar 2018 9:07 PM
a watched for like 20 minutes n stopped cause the guy was bad at acting 

You're missing out!

Login or signup free to participate in discussions!

Learn more about us »

Viewing as Guest

Guests can only view posts in limited forum categories.

Login or sign up

Active users
Found your new crush?