Rookie
Calling all lovers of Elton John and Bernie Taupin's Music 13 Apr 2018 1:09 PM

After getting the link for the latest Florence + the Machine song for my previous thread (click Here to check it out), I stumbled upon a whole bunch of Revamped songs from various artists covering a lot of Elton's and Bernie's greatest hits.
And by various artists I mean Florence + The Machine, Lady Gaga and more!
From the song's I've managed to listen to so far, (all that you'll find below), I think they're pretty amazing but not as great as the originals!
Check out the songs below and let us know what you think in the comments!! 
(Please note it's not all the songs that are available, just the songs that I could find! I think there are a couple more).

Lady Gaga - Your Song -  I heard this song when I was doing the morning baking at work this morning and thought, why on earth is Lady Gaga covering an Elton John song! I loved it a lot, but I still think the original is better!

Florence + The Machine - Tiny Dancer - Ahh I love this so much. Great job, Florence!

Alessia Cara - I Guess That's Why They Call It The Blues - Sounds okay in my opinion but much prefer the original.

The Killers - Mona Lisas and the Mad Hatters - Was a bit shocked to see that the Killers had done a cover, but think that a different artist could have covered this song a bit better. Still good, none the less!

Sam Smith - Daniel - I personally think this is a bit slow but I actually quite enjoyed it!

Ed Sheeran - Candle In The Wind - I'm not a fan of Ed Sheeran, but I like this version he's done. Also one of my faves from Elton John personally so I think he's done a good job!

Mumford and Sons - Someone Saved My Life Tonight - Ahh another Elton great song, love this version a lot!

Queens of the Stone Age - Goodbye Yellow Brick Road - Another great song and I absolutely loved this cover! Nice work dudes!

Mary J. Blige - Sorry Seems To Be The Hardest Word - Not sure that this artist should have covered this song...

Q-Tip & Demi Lovato - Don't Go Breaking My Heart - Didn't mind this version too much!

Logic, Elton John and Pink - Betty And The Jets - I heard this song the other week and fell in love! (Mostly because of Pink!) 

Miley Cyrus - Don't Let The Sun Go Down On Me - Absolutely adore Miley's voice in this song. Love it!

Cold Play - We All Fall In Love Sometimes - Not too bad!

Chris Stapleton - I Want Love - Loved it!

Little Big Town - Rocket Man - Loved how they did this song!

Dierks Bently - Sad Songs (Say So Much) - Loved this cover, along with one of my fave songs from Bernie!

Miranda Lambert - My Father's Gun - Unsure what to think of this cover as I don't think I've heard the original.

Don Henley and Vince Gill - Sacrifice - Don't mind this cover too much but I do prefer the original.

Rhonda Vincent and Dolly Parton - Please - Was pretty excited to see that Dolly Parton decided to join in on the covers but sad to say that I haven't heard this song before so I can't comment about it!

Rosanne Cash & Emmylou Harris - This Train Don't Stop There Anymore - Sounds pretty good but I don't recall ever hearing this song before!

I hope you enjoyed these as much as I did, and don't forget to comment below!

Skilled
Reply: Calling all lovers of Elton John and Bernie Taupin's Music 14 Apr 2018 1:38 AM
niceee

You're missing out!

Login or signup free to participate in discussions!

Learn more about us »

Viewing as Guest

Guests can only view posts in limited forum categories.

Login or sign up

Active users
Found your new crush?