Rookie
Operating Systems 24 Jun 2018 4:36 AM
What operating system do you use/prefer?

I use MacOS, its honestly so much better than Windows!! I had always used windows before MacOS but idk I just find I'm more productive, its cleaner looking etc etc.

Josh ~ United Kingdom
I still don't know what to put here....

Beginner
Reply: Operating Systems 24 Jun 2018 11:23 AM
I only use Windows - never used Mac before.

I heard it has a simpler interface, but it's kinda messy for me, or maybe cos i'm not used to it yet.

Beginner
Reply: Operating Systems 24 Jun 2018 12:01 PM
The first time I heard of Apple, I was very skeptical as I heard it was only very simple to limited use. Like windows you can install free or torrented software easily and with Apple/Mac it wasn't able to do so. But when I got to college they suggested Mac for design students as the interface and short cuts on on both Macpro and Imac was very useful. Features like swiping left or right to change or multitask to other windows etc and to drop and drag items to Adobe or Autodesk or cross platfrom from Sketchup to Autodesk was simple and useful.

I switched over to Mac in 2008 and I've never looked back since.

Reply: Operating Systems 25 Jun 2018 3:27 AM
dont like windows tbh
its just a mess

i use macos
Skilled
Reply: Operating Systems 26 Jun 2018 12:16 PM
I have never owned a Windows, but whenever I use one it seems to bug out and do this:

Skilled
Reply: Operating Systems 23 Jul 2018 3:56 PM
window > mac > window
but i still prefer mac bcs their functions are way advanced and all in one

Rookie
Reply: Operating Systems 2 Aug 2018 1:51 PM
i've always used windows for personal use but after being exposed to mac i've wanted to switch and see if it works better for me since i dabble in a bit of media and design too! 

with love,

Reply: Operating Systems 23 Nov 2018 12:40 AM
I have been using Windows OS since I was a kid (3-4 years old as far as my parents tell me so). Starting my journey from Win98 to Win10, I have used/tried every single release of Windows. I've got to say that it is the easiest and most conventional Operating System I would recommend to everyone.

However, I have also used MacOS - not that I have owned a Mac laptop, though I'd pay quite a handful of visits to my apple-geek friends and use their 'Macs' at times. I like the simplicity they have tried to achieve and the design, yet I remain on the side of Microsoft as being most preferred, compared to iOS-running devices.

Recently, I started developing and programming, which is when I got to know LinuxOS... This changed me... I'd always have a USB of Kali Linux installed and boot it at my school computer, attempting to get that WiFi password I needed! Thanks to all the YouTube tutorials xD Though, I found it very difficult to adjust to Linux since it required more advanced knowledge, in an environment where speed of execution was prioritised over the GUI. Spending hours, if not ages in front of terminal puzzled backed me off to Windows.

In conclusion, I can say that I used a lot of OS, with a lot to discover too - and I suggest everyone to discover them too for yourself and not be close-minded about the OS you are using now :)

May the force be with you!

P.S This is what I found in Linux Terminal ^^^
Reply: Operating Systems 29 Dec 2018 1:40 PM
I like MacOS but it's so outdated and stale. Windows evolves and has in good ways. MacOS would be better if apple didn't make it for only macs. Sure you can Hackintosh but you should just be able to install the software. They'd have a HUGE marketshare margin if they just made it for any computer, macs are just PCs with Intel EFI. Now motherboards have UEFI and boot the same. But Macs have a chip called a SMC that is needed to BOOT MacOS. Hackintoshs get past it with FakeSMC.kext which is a kernel extention, so it tricks it into working on a PC. and it actually runs amazing on a PC with a fast GPU. I went AMD so I can't do it anymore, but it was fun.

But to the point. I prefer Linux over anything

You're missing out!

Login or signup free to participate in discussions!

Learn more about us »

Viewing as Guest

Guests can only view posts in limited forum categories.

Login or sign up

Active users
Found your new crush?