Why EDM? 8 Oct 2018 1:03 AM
Hello everyone, tonight I'd like to share my interest in this interesting, mainstream and uplifting genre that takes up top hit billboards for the past 5 years, if not 10! Of course, it is not as consistent remaining at the top of people's playlists as Pop does - though not talking about people who prefer old school/vintage music, which is somehow related to EDM! If we dig into its history, we can see people in the '80s using some synthesizers and electronic simulators (yes, yes, now we call them launchpads!)

So to begin with, EDM stands for Electronic Dance Music and it really is that uplifting, which therefore it's called 'Dance Music' (duh). I really recommend to check out following artists, if you haven't already, in order to catch a glimpse of what it can be like: Alan Walker, Cartoons, Jonas Blue, DJ Snake and of course Avicii!

As of now, I hope you'll get familiar with EDM or better yet, fall in love with it like I did. There's a lot more to tell, but I don't want to bore you :p

Signing off,
Jedi Genn.
Reply: Why EDM? 8 Oct 2018 1:05 AM
It is bae but you forgot Major Lazer :/
Reply: Why EDM? 8 Oct 2018 1:12 AM
Yeah, sorry about that xd! I don't listen to him much, yet he is a noteworthy artist.
Last edit: 8 October 2018 1:13 AM
Reply: Why EDM? 8 Oct 2018 1:14 AM
Indeed I would love to widen my music palette on more artists if you should be so kind as to recommend any?
Last edit: 8 October 2018 1:15 AM
Reply: Why EDM? 8 Oct 2018 1:24 AM
That I will do with greatest pleasure! The aforementioned artists and bands are really nice to listen to, but I can recommend some French Core and raggatek if you are into hard dance - vandal, Pitch Mad Attak and Juno Reactor. I suggest to get one of their albums and skim through songs, finding ones you love.
Reply: Why EDM? 8 Oct 2018 1:30 AM
I have tried giving French Core and go it reminds me of nightcore but a lot more base!!
Reply: Why EDM? 8 Oct 2018 1:39 AM
Nightcore makes high-pitched vocals, which annoys me a bit actually xD I am lowkey DnB fan, so should explain why I love French Core for its base. You should try Raggatek
Reply: Why EDM? 8 Oct 2018 1:40 AM
Oh, I will give it a try! thank you for your suggestions I love trying new things
Beginner
Reply: Why EDM? 8 Oct 2018 12:18 PM
Why not Major Lazer, it's a group that is made up of at least 3 people. And one of them being Diplo and he produces most of the content and it sounds great!

You're missing out!

Login or signup free to participate in discussions!

Learn more about us ยป

Viewing as Guest

Guests can only view posts in limited forum categories.

Login or sign up

Active users
Found your new crush?