Reply: Stress less week 7 Nov 2018 12:11 AM
My Stress Story:

I have felt "stressed" or "anxiety" ever since I can remember with going through life struggles some moments are a lot worse than others. I found having a balance is key especially with having OCD also I like things a certain way. This means I can not function in a situation where I should not have any stress because I feel worse but keeping active helps me so much and feeling needed. This can be balancing my time spent between Habbo related stuff and real life stuff. Never! take on too many responsibilities because especially myself find it hard to say no and like I am letting people down when I cannot perform. Music and Creative things simulate my mind I have recently been trying to do pixel art a little here and there and it really cheers me up seeing the final results.
It is also important having people around you that are truly supportive and will check in on you if you are not performing like your usual self. I don't know what I would do without my best online friends they are incredible and just make me feel like I can do anything I set my mind too. Also, everyone here is so supportive and sometimes in life, you just need to hear something positive to make a dull day into a great day.
Also, know that bad things do happen everything cannot be perfect all the time which is no one's fault take everything thrown at you as a learning experience, we are allowed bad days and to not feel okay but this is also when the great support system comes in with those you can be truthful with.
Lastly, I would suggest Rabb.it especially with having an online community it is great to just unwind whether you are in an agency or just apart of a fansite being able to unwind together and have some fun just makes for a great end of the day. Don't even have to be a film can watch youtube videos or tv related shows. The best part is its a mobile app also so can work for most with tricky time zones. I love just snuggling up in bed and watching a funny film before bed with friends! 

So whatever gets you through your stress/anxiety just know there is only one of you and only one life so make it count and stay amazing!

-Clara :3
Reply: Stress less week 7 Nov 2018 6:41 AM
I release my own stress usually by talking it out with a family member or a close friend. It makes me feel better to get it all out and have someone just listen to what's going on. Sometimes if talking it out doesn't work, I like to go for a drive and listen to music. Going for a ride in the car and singing puts me in a more peaceful state of mind for some reason.

My advice to anyone who is stressing out, is to try and find something that really, authentically makes you happy and carve out a little bit of time every day to do just that. It's easier said than done, but I think it could really help just to enjoy something for yourself to relieve some of the stress.
Reply: Stress less week 8 Nov 2018 12:42 AM
Harps Posted
5 November 2018 2:57 pm

Are you stressed? well, this is the perfect competition for you! 

Task:
 - Think of how you release stress from yourself
- The advice you'd give to someone who is stressing out

Please abide by the rules listed in the following article and the top 3 less stressed people will win a prize plus all participants will be awarded a cute brain username icon for their calm minds.

Best of luck!
Harps

I release my stress everytime I close my eyes and listen to classical music. Their music piece is truly admireable and calming. Also buying my favorite foods can relive my stress. Meditation can also relieve stress. I also relieve my stress after I got home from school by logging in to habbo to play games and socializing to other people on the internet :D

additional advice: dont pressure yourself when your stressor is getting on your nerves. Just relax and distract yourself by doing other things. Just go with the flow on things and dont take it really hard. And if youre so stress, talk to your friends and exchange good vibes :) A happiness could relieve your stress so be happy.

SPREAD THE POSITIVITY TO CEASE THE NEGATIVITY!
Last edit: 8 November 2018 12:48 AM
Rookie
Reply: Stress less week 8 Nov 2018 2:23 AM
I think I stress in more than one way.....

My first stress is mainly due to my job in real life, as a teaching assistant for children with moderate and severe disabilities, and Additional Learning Needs (ALN).  Sometimes it can honestly get so overwhelming because of a child either kicking off and having a screaming meltdown, or not co-operating, hitting or spitting on you even though they really don't do it intentionally (sometimes it's just involuntary reflex).
My second kind of stress is being in a new place/environment with new people, and there are new schedules/rotas. I don't do well with going out of my usual routine and having to change, I need to be prepared in advance (although I dunno how that's possible, lol)
Whenever I do get too overwhelmed and stressed, I just sneak into our classroom's bathroom (if not in use) to take a deep breath and collect myself. Other times, I just go to the bathroom, lock myself in a cubicle, and let it out, and then I try to compose myself, breathe in and out slowly, dry my eyes, and walk out when I feel ready enough.
My third one is when I'm at home surrounded with my big family (also stressful at times when they all want different things from you and you just can't cope mentally), I escape to my bedroom and take a breather, lie down, and listen to calming music.
And my fourth one is OCD-related, like for instance, mess drives me up the wall because if it''s not cleaned up and looking tidy/neat, I will tackle it myself because I hate to see it just sitting there (like dirty dishes in the sink), and outings/appointments must be in an orderly timely manner. There's more, but I don't wanna look lame, lmao.

Other ways I relieve stress (and you could too) are:

- Taking a warm shower or bath
- Doing breathing exercises with a phone app
- Playing some anti-stress phone games
- Taking a nice walk outside
- Play the piano or on my ukulele
- Do some drawing
- Editing my photography photos
- Watch funny/comical videos
- Most importantly, chilling out with my fluffy pets (they work so well as emotional support animals).

I think it's fascinating how we all have our own kind of stress and we cope with it in our own individual ways. Remember that we all stress and we are only human. It's okay to be stressed, but definitely take steps in looking after your mental health and well-being.
Last edit: 9 November 2018 2:14 AM
☕☕☕☕☕☕☕☕☕☕☕☕☕☕☕☕
Reply: Stress less week 8 Nov 2018 2:55 AM
I'd go binge eating, especially spicy food because the heat and the bubbling of my stomach juices distracts me from my stress.
I'd suggest someone to go on a food expedition! Distract themselves full and get into a good food coma (:

Well, bye.

Skilled
Reply: Stress less week 8 Nov 2018 4:37 AM
I've been dealing with a lot of stress lately because of moving and now school. I am just thankful I was around such an environment that i'm able to take walks whenever I needed to get some fresh air. Also being able to leave school with the reason that I need a break is a real life saver.
Last edit: 8 November 2018 4:37 AM

Reply: Stress less week 9 Nov 2018 7:46 PM
There are a few ways I release stress. This includes switching to low-energy activities such as watching cooking or cat-related videos on YouTube, as well as scrolling through social media. Another way I deal with stress is to stop whatever I'm doing and take a nap as I feel that this is the most effective way to calm and clear my mind before I go back to deal with the source of stress. 
I feel that it is hard to give advice to people who are stressing out but the most important thing is to know yourself: what makes you stressed and what works for you when dealing with stress. Perhaps it would help if there is a hobby that you could go to where you would feel most comfortable?
Reply: Stress less week 11 Nov 2018 7:29 AM
I release stress by helping other people with their issues and solving their problems when they can't. The latest was helping a user get help when it came to her abusive ex partner and to take action to ensure her safety and her child's.
Reply: Stress less week 11 Nov 2018 5:46 PM
As a design student, I need to deal with stress like for everyday. Especially when I put so much effort in creating a design that I am finally satisfied, but the tutor rejected it. Sometimes when ideas stuck and I can't create anything in few hours, the amount of stress is massive. However, I have my own ways to help me release stress, which makes me more relax while doing my assignments and it goes smoothly with a better outcome.

I believe listen to songs is one of the ways that people release stress, so do I, listen to soothing songs really help when you feel stressful, it calms you down and makes you relax your mind. Other than that, as a design student, I release stress by creating artworks using watercolors, the colors I used varies from mood to mood, when I realized the colors I used changed from dark colors to really sharp and light colors, it was when my mood became less stressful. I also find another effective way, which is write down how you feel on a piece of paper or in your diary, after finished writing I feel a lot better because it's like all your stress being brought out and became solid on the paper.

My advice to those who stressed out a lot is never be shy to ask someone for help, when you're stress try to find someone that you're close with, ask them "I am feeling stress can you help me?", talking to someone will definitely makes you feel better. You can also find some positive distractions, there are a lot of videos or images on the web that you can search for, take a deep breath! ❤

You're missing out!

Login or signup free to participate in discussions!

Learn more about us »

Viewing as Guest

Guests can only view posts in limited forum categories.

Login or sign up

Active users
Found your new crush?