Watch "The Village" by M. Night Shyamalan! 20 Nov 2018 5:32 PM
If you haven't already, you should watch "The Village" by M. Night Shyamalan!

Last week, our English literature unit was based on cryptids and my English teacher told us about the movie. The plot sounded interesting so our class asked if we could all watch it one day so we did! Long story short; I cried about three times in three different scenes while watching the whole movie. And this was last week, so I've been thinking about this movie ever since!

The Village is about a small isolated countryside village that believed in monstrous creatures lurking in the woods surrounding them. If the villagers stay out of the woods, they are left unharmed. But when one of the young villagers become ill, the girl who loves him ignores the warnings of the village elders and sets off on a journey through the woods to fetch medicines from the neighboring towns. The movie follows drama, fantasy, mystery and thriller genres, and is full of plot twists that you don't expect.

I found the movie uploaded to YouTube with English subtitles. The quality of the video is only 360p but it doesn't really matter. [ https://youtu.be/IretteYxt2c ]

The movie was released in 2004, so it's kind of an old movie, but it was directed by the amazing Manoj Nelliyattu "M. Night" Shyamalan (he also directed/produced The Sixth Sense (1999), Stuart Little (1999), The Last AIrbender (2010), Split (2016), and many more). It's emotional, unique, and you should seriously watch it.
Reply: Watch "The Village" by M. Night Shyamalan! 21 Nov 2018 1:47 AM
I watched this years ago, I'll be googling just to find out the ending because I've forgotten lol

ETA-- I've just googled the ending. I wonder if anything like the movie could happen in the real world. I'm sure there would be people willing to give up everything that have now for a simpler way. Hmmmm
Last edit: 21 November 2018 1:58 AM
Beginner
Reply: Watch "The Village" by M. Night Shyamalan! 22 Nov 2018 7:36 PM
I'm a fan of Night but The Village isn't one of my favourites. I love his Unbreakable!

Rookie
Reply: Watch "The Village" by M. Night Shyamalan! 24 Nov 2018 6:41 AM
I remember watching this when it first came out and I was so scared and then I was straight up confused. It is a good movie, but Signs is my favorite by this director! 

You're missing out!

Login or signup free to participate in discussions!

Learn more about us ยป

Viewing as Guest

Guests can only view posts in limited forum categories.

Login or sign up

Active users
Found your new crush?