Huawei extradition from major platforms 1 Jun 2019 9:49 PM
This topic is supposed to contain some politics, but I am not fan of discussing it and don't feel like starting arguments or offend anyone, so I did not include it - if you want to read on about it from that point of view, google is a friend of yours in this case :)

As you have probably heard from your news feed or memes, Huawei has faced few bans and discontinuation of collaborations with huge technological conglomerates such as Microsoft, Google and the list may go on. This has caused major turnoff from Huawei technology around the world and hence, huge falls on stock markets for the company.

So what happened in a nutshell? Huawei's tech excutive was arrested and charged for fraud, back in December - this created a huge mistrust from big US companies and in the period from March to May started to pull out their integrations. So Huawei ended up without Windows OS, Google and Android OS (the latter is owned by Google, so makes sense)

I, personally, have never owned any of the Huawei's devices - but I feel like isolating a company due to a charge from one of the members is a bit unprofessional - sanctions against the company would not have been this harsh and not affect Huawei users.
What do you guys think? Huawei users, you felt the change?
Skilled
Reply: Huawei extradition from major platforms 2 Jun 2019 2:54 AM
Interesting and I agree.

They are currently trying to extradite the Vice President of the company (who very likely has ties to the Chinese government) from Canada to the United States. She was arrested a few months ago and got caught as she has a residence in Vancouver, British Columbia.

I believe if the United States wanted her arrested and commanded Canadian officials to do so, it implies that the company must up to some suspicious activity (and this opinion is regardless of those who are in power in the United States). 
Reply: Huawei extradition from major platforms 3 Jun 2019 1:24 AM
Seth Posted
2 June 2019 2:54 am

Interesting and I agree.

They are currently trying to extradite the Vice President of the company (who very likely has ties to the Chinese government) from Canada to the United States. She was arrested a few months ago and got caught as she has a residence in Vancouver, British Columbia.

I believe if the United States wanted her arrested and commanded Canadian officials to do so, it implies that the company must up to some suspicious activity (and this opinion is regardless of those who are in power in the United States). 

Yes, a lot of smartphones worldwide are known to be spying on us, according to various conspiracy theories and Huawei may not be an exception in this case - as you have mentioned about their ties with Chinese government. Hence this could have resulted in either misunderstanding or miscollaboration; depending whether you believe in such theories or not >:D

You're missing out!

Login or signup free to participate in discussions!

Learn more about us ยป

Viewing as Guest

Guests can only view posts in limited forum categories.

Login or sign up

Active users
Found your new crush?