New Apple Pro stand costs a grand! 9 Jun 2019 1:38 AM
This year's WWDC (Apple WorldWide Developers' Conference), that finished just yesterday, was extra-ordinary compared to previous years. Some of us were stunned by 2018's "loyalty test" - iPhone X that costs 1000$, which turned out to prove Apple's expectations and earned them another fortune. However, this time they decided to take their "loyalty tests" to the next level.

The 6K Pro Display XDR is 4999$ yet comes without a stand (wait for it) You are expected to buy it separately and it costs - 999$. That's right, more expensive than a proper custom-built pc with fitted water cooling and many other cool features!

If you missed out WWDC 2019, here's the link for the full expo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=psL_5RIBqnY

In my humble opinion, I believe Apple is taking it too far with their prices and one day it will probably hit them badly with dropped sales. What is your opinion on that? Have you bought one yet? ;D

P.S. Here's a pic of that stand, looking good though, eh?

Rookie
Reply: New Apple Pro stand costs a grand! 9 Jun 2019 9:18 AM
That is insane... yet I see people buying it.... 

Beginner
Reply: New Apple Pro stand costs a grand! 9 Jun 2019 10:23 AM
Hard pass on this one, I'm not phased.

Skilled
Reply: New Apple Pro stand costs a grand! 9 Jun 2019 11:26 AM
Well I mean it's the "Pro" model, we're not talking a laptop or even their generic iMac desktop. This computer is not for the average consumer. My dad had a pro and it lasted him over 13 years and was compatible with numerous software updates.
Reply: New Apple Pro stand costs a grand! 9 Jun 2019 4:16 PM
I can't stand Apple's pricing anymore.

You're missing out!

Login or signup free to participate in discussions!

Learn more about us »

Viewing as Guest

Guests can only view posts in limited forum categories.

Login or sign up

Active users
Found your new crush?