Coping with Examinations 25 Nov 2019 11:27 PM
We all know that examinations are up and coming for many who are reaching the end of their trimesters, especially for those who are in universities.

I get extremely nervous when the week of examinations is approaching, and I deal with stress by talking about it openly through heart-to-heart sharing sessions with my close friends.

How do you cope with stress?
Reply: Coping with Examinations 27 Nov 2019 12:12 PM
Well I dont know how i cope with stress I just cry lol
Reply: Coping with Examinations 8 Dec 2019 5:39 AM
My cats! And also, it seems like rather than deal with the stress at that point in time, I deal with it after everything's over. I use the stress to focus instead in the lead-up.
Reply: Coping with Examinations 11 Dec 2019 5:37 PM
This is a very real situation, especially if you had read the recent PISA rankings, it puts Singapore students as among the most fearful of failure in the world. In my own work (as a school social worker), we were taught the importance of self-care.

I refer to the site of University of Buffalo (http://socialwork.buffalo.edu/resources/self-care-starter-kit/introduction-to-self-care.html), which states that self-care refers to activities and practices that we can engage in on a regular basis to reduce stress and maintain and enhance our short- and longer-term health and well-being. Self-care is necessary for your effectiveness and success in honoring your professional and personal commitments.

So, to stay effective, please, find what is most meaningful to you, and spend time doing it. Do not mug until you forgot day and night - because you never know when you would be burnt and roasted.
Last edit: 11 December 2019 5:37 PM
Reply: Coping with Examinations 18 Dec 2019 12:52 AM
tbh when i used 2 do exams i'd always stress eat to make me feel better and it was so bad, so instead of eating junk food i'd switch it for fruits and actually, that helped me a little but when you're actually sitting exams i think having a water bottle next to you is helpful :D and don't cram 2 much last min! take deep breathes and believe in yourself <3

You're missing out!

Login or signup free to participate in discussions!

Learn more about us ยป

Viewing as Guest

Guests can only view posts in limited forum categories.

Login or sign up

Active users
Found your new crush?