How to make a Habbo fansite? 12 Jun 2016 10:50 PM
Hi, I'm BuildIntoHabbo and started to get into making a Habbo fansite. I need help on what I should use to host my site and stuff.

Thanks!

Moderator Alert

Thread closed as question has been answered. -Bryian
Reply: How to make a Habbo fansite? 15 Jun 2016 12:34 AM
Habbo fan sites can be difficult, at times, to maintain, but I wish you the best of luck with it, as it is always nice to see new environments come to fruition.

It can always depend on needs, based on what you want your fan site to provide to its users. A standard setup of a fan site would look like:

1. Web hosting for a website. Secure and reliable hosting will range from $10 to $20 a month. What you want to look for with a web host is consistent and relative reviews from customers, a functional website, knowledgeable staff, and no unrealistic offers. For instance, you may be more inclined to start hosting with a company that boasts "unlimited" or a very high amount of disk space, bandwidth, and features for a very low price... usually around $1 to $5. This usually indicates that they overload their server (if they even have one) and oversell allocated space, making it less secure. Higher price for less features is a good sign. You need to do your research.

2. Radio hosting. Do you want your fan site to have a radio? You need hosting, such as an ice cast or shout cast server. There are quite a few reliable hosts. Again, research these, to know your allocations, especially auto DJ, as you will never have people on the radio 24/7.

3. Website design. To start off, you can always go the route of a free downloadable design, but once you release version 2, you will want a custom and user friendly design. A reliable designer can range anywhere from $200 to $350.

As you can see, start up costs can run a little high, but once you build your following, it will be worth it to maintain it.
Reply: How to make a Habbo fansite? 15 Jun 2016 3:21 PM
1. Is 000webhost a good site host?

2. spacial.com is something I could find.

3. HabboEmotion

Thanks! That's all the info I collected.
Reply: How to make a Habbo fansite? 15 Jun 2016 3:36 PM
It's definitely expensive and time consuming!
Reply: How to make a Habbo fansite? 16 Jun 2016 4:20 AM

BuildIntoHabbo Posted
15 June 2016 3:21 pm

1. Is 000webhost a good site host?

2. spacial.com is something I could find.

3. HabboEmotion

Thanks! That's all the info I collected.

1. Avoid 000webhost. Free hosts will overload you with advertisements, slow processes, and poor support. You need to be willing to spend money on a reliable web host if you want to develop a fan site.

2. spacial.com can work.

3. HabboEmotion has great starter resources for a new fan site.
Novice
Reply: How to make a Habbo fansite? 16 Jun 2016 4:27 AM
i know nothing about setting one up but best of luck once you do! :)
[center][img]http://i.imgur.com/Nq0zsLZ.gif[/img][/center]
Reply: How to make a Habbo fansite? 18 Jun 2016 3:43 PM
If you want to host your site please buy an actual webhost with enough/unlimited bandwith!

You're missing out!

Login or signup free to participate in discussions!

Learn more about us »

Viewing as Guest

Guests can only view posts in limited forum categories.

Login or sign up

Active users
Found your new crush?