Skilled
Online Dating 20 Jun 2016 1:42 PM
Would you ever date someone from online why/why not and if you have, what was your experience like?

My friend from high school was in an online relationship for a few months which we all knew about. After high school ended we both went on a trip to Thailand and during the entire trip she was stuck to her phone like glue, messaging her boyfriend and honestly that really annoyed me because you're meant to be enjoying your surroundings especially in a new country rather than be focused on your phone. Anyways, she kept asking me if we could go meet her boyfriend because he also apparently lived in Thailand. I kept dodging the question saying that he probably lives too far away or something because honestly I didn't know the guy, nor did she. She only had a few pictures of him as far as I know, he could've been a catfish! So in the end the guy didn't want to meet up with her either, making excuses like I'm busy, etc.

The whole situation was fishy and I'm glad we didn't go meet the guy :-) Also turns out my other friend found his pics off another source so :-) 

Kaleidoscope Love

Talented
Reply: Online Dating 20 Jun 2016 2:25 PM
i'm all for online dating when there's a huge possibility of meeting up. i want to know if the person i'm speaking to online is real, and even though daily photos or video calls would be considered legit, it just won't cut out for me. if i were to invest myself in a r/s whether it's virtual or in the real life, i would want to know if it's worth it in the long run and not for faking because really, ain't nobody got time for that.
Beginner
Reply: Online Dating 20 Jun 2016 2:59 PM
dating through SNS is nothing to be ashamed about like what most people think. its a great way to meet people esp if you are always busy with work and/or have a small pool of friends. im all for it, but the occasional catfish pisses me off. 

ive only ever met someone off the internet twice. both were amazing and tbh they were so much better than dating a 'friend of a friend'. there are so much to talk about since both of you are basically starting off on a clean slate or so to speak
Skilled
Reply: Online Dating 20 Jun 2016 3:06 PM
[deleted]
Last edit: 20 June 2016 3:52 PM

Moderator Alert

Content removed as requested by poster. -Tragon

seduction is my art (-:

Skilled
Reply: Online Dating 20 Jun 2016 3:15 PM
This person is not your buddy. 

LMAOOOO

Kaleidoscope Love

Skilled
Reply: Online Dating 20 Jun 2016 3:16 PM
Jas Posted
20 June 2016 3:15 pm

This person is not your buddy. 

LMAOOOO

HE DELETED ME ??!! 

seduction is my art (-:

Novice
Reply: Online Dating 20 Jun 2016 3:48 PM
I met my fiance because he messaged me on FaceyB saying he liked my tattoos and asked if I wanted to go on a date HAHAHA. We've been together for 4 years now, although I had seen him before at a gig so I knew he was a real person and not a cat fish. Always make sure if you're meeting someone on the internet that you have let people know who and where you're meeting them and make sure you have at least video called with this person!

<br/>
"People are afraid of me because I am different."

Reply: Online Dating 20 Jun 2016 6:45 PM
personally im not interested in habbo dating, but it does work for some people. The key is actually meeting up, as i think just keeping it 100% online is kinda lame.
Reply: Online Dating 20 Jun 2016 7:53 PM
online dating has never been something i've ever frowned upon because a lot of my friends met people online and now live with them and have family's and such.
i've never been like omg i online date!!!! but if i met someone on here (i have in the past) who i actually could see myself with 5 years down the line or whatever i wouldn't hesitate in pursuing it cos distance means nothing to me, sure it would be ideal to meet the person but it doesn't matter to me if it takes 6 months rt 6 years as long as i'm happy 

You're missing out!

Login or signup free to participate in discussions!

Learn more about us »

Viewing as Guest

Guests can only view posts in limited forum categories.

Login or sign up

Active users
Found your new crush?