Beginner
Anonymous gifts now disabled 29 Apr 2016 5:28 PM
You can no longer send anonymous gifts on Habbo i.e. gifts without the sender's avatar and name displayed.
The change can help reduce the amount of scam gifts claiming to be from Habbo Staff.

Although it's a good thing, that makes it harder to host some things like Secret Santa :(

Skilled
Reply: Anonymous gifts now disabled 29 Apr 2016 5:32 PM
My first reaction was 

but then after reading that it was to prevent scam sites I figured its a good idea though they could just send through fake accounts..

Kaleidoscope Love

Reply: Anonymous gifts now disabled 29 Apr 2016 11:57 PM
My friend got banned after she got sent a gift, opened it and reported it. The moderator said that she sent it to herself... like wtf? lmao Apparently mods don't know who sends anonymous gifts after they've been opened...

It is unfortunate that they couldn't resolve this problem without removing the feature :(
Beginner
Reply: Anonymous gifts now disabled 30 Apr 2016 12:21 AM
Vengas Posted
29 April 2016 11:57 pm

My friend got banned after she got sent a gift, opened it and reported it. The moderator said that she sent it to herself... like wtf? lmao Apparently mods don't know who sends anonymous gifts after they've been opened...

It is unfortunate that they couldn't resolve this problem without removing the feature :(

Whaaat, really?! Did she try appealing? I know MODs (MOD-Xebal) can identify and ban the sender (he has done it a few times)

Reply: Anonymous gifts now disabled 30 Apr 2016 1:33 AM

Funkyhabbo Posted
30 April 2016 12:21 am

Quote skipped.

Whaaat, really?! Did she try appealing? I know MODs (MOD-Xebal) can identify and ban the sender (he has done it a few times)

Well actually, the first thing I did when she told me she got the gift was tell Agesilaus, he was the person who got the mod that banned her. He told MOD-Xebal about it and Xeb said it was ridiculous that she would send it to herself and unbanned her straight away HAHA
Skilled
Reply: Anonymous gifts now disabled 13 May 2016 10:42 AM
How will i send hate gifts to myself now :(

Reply: Anonymous gifts now disabled 14 May 2016 1:11 AM
It's great news to stop those Gift scams!
Skilled
Reply: Anonymous gifts now disabled 14 May 2016 1:58 AM
Now scammers will try to find new ways to con people (:< !!

seduction is my art (-:

Skilled
Reply: Anonymous gifts now disabled 21 May 2016 11:24 PM
I still want this anon gift to come back LOL :(

You're missing out!

Login or signup free to participate in discussions!

Learn more about us »

Viewing as Guest

Guests can only view posts in limited forum categories.

Login or sign up

Active users
Found your new crush?