Talented
Reply: iPhone 7 might ditch the audio jack 1 May 2016 8:16 PM
Jas Posted
1 May 2016 9:17 am

Gonna lose those earphones real quick

If they're actually doing those wireless EarPods in the picture, I'll probably lose them within a week.

Some websites have also reported that Apple might also come up EarPods that will work with the lightning dock.
Reply: iPhone 7 might ditch the audio jack 2 May 2016 3:43 PM
I think this a great idea, technology need to advance and that jack port we have nowadays takes a lot of space that we can decate to make the iPhone thinner and with more battery.

In addition, this wouldn't mean that you have to buy those earpods of Apple. You 'd still be able to go to your shop near your house to buy a pair of super cheap bluetooth earphones.

Btw, Tragon there already are some airplanes that aren't affected by those waves and they even have Wi-Fi connection inside. So this would not be a problem in the near future.
Last edit: 2 May 2016 3:47 PM
Novice
Reply: iPhone 7 might ditch the audio jack 2 May 2016 7:48 PM
Enrique Posted
2 May 2016 3:43 pm

I think this a great idea, technology need to advance and that jack port we have nowadays takes a lot of space that we can decate to make the iPhone thinner and with more battery.

In addition, this wouldn't mean that you have to buy those earpods of Apple. You 'd still be able to go to your shop near your house to buy a pair of super cheap bluetooth earphones.

Btw, @Tragon there already are some airplanes that aren't affected by those waves and they even have Wi-Fi connection inside. So this would not be a problem in the near future.

Thank you Enrique for the input! :) I am sure aware of this. However, I highly doubt that the relaxation of wireless connectivity would be allowed by ALL airline carriers and/or governments.

Perhaps, Apple may want to tap on the existing lightning (port) technology by introducing an adaptor, allowing backwards compatibility of 3.5mm jack devices. An marketing tactic, to boost accessories sales perhaps? If not, an true audiophiles may just give this iPhone an miss!!
Novice
Reply: iPhone 7 might ditch the audio jack 30 Sep 2016 9:22 PM
:O And they really ditched the audio jack...

You're missing out!

Login or signup free to participate in discussions!

Learn more about us ยป

Viewing as Guest

Guests can only view posts in limited forum categories.

Login or sign up

Active users
Found your new crush?