Skilled
Melanie Martinez 26 Jul 2016 12:42 AM
Melanie Martinez is a recent music artist gaining in popularity after the release of her album Crybaby during late August 2015. She writes music with an alternative electropop style that you will either hate or love.

At first, I didn't really care for her music but recently it's been starting to grow on me and I now find myself listening to her quite a bit. I love the uniqueness of her music and think it's really clever how she used childhood associated content to reference adult themes making the songs in her album a whole lot more powerful. However, I can see a lot of people disliking Melanie as her music can come across as a bit strange to some!

Is Melanie Martinez a hit or a miss for you? I recommend checking her out if you haven't already, she is definitely something different!
Skilled
Reply: Melanie Martinez 26 Jul 2016 1:52 AM
Melanie Martinez !!! I love HER and her work! 

My first song was Carousel which I didn't like at first. However her music video intrigued me. From the video alone, I gained that she's not your ordinary artist; her music videos as well as her fashion.

After that video I stumbled upon Pity Party and Dollhouse which I LOVED. In fact, I think I've got all her songs downloaded, I used to play them on repeat.

I'm a fan of her Cry Baby album because all the songs are related to each other, telling the story of Cry Baby, the main character. If you watch her music videos, they are all also related to one another and helps clarify Cry Baby's story better. If you guys have watched Doll House, the continuation video is Sippy Cup.

I think for most people, you have to listen to Melanie a few times before you get into the groove of it. Carousel used to be a miss but now its definitely a hit!

Kaleidoscope Love

Skilled
Reply: Melanie Martinez 26 Jul 2016 9:18 AM
I never really got into Melanie, but i do have maybe one or two songs on my ipod that i'd listen to. 

Reply: Melanie Martinez 26 Jul 2016 11:58 AM
I loved her for her hair during The Voice. I haven't heard her music yet so I can't put a finger on it

You're missing out!

Login or signup free to participate in discussions!

Learn more about us »

Viewing as Guest

Guests can only view posts in limited forum categories.

Login or sign up

Active users
Found your new crush?