Beginner
Design Ideas 4 Aug 2016 9:14 PM
Hi guys! :)

Yes I am back wanting to get to know one really important question that would provide me with design ideas on my upcoming 10 piece capsule collection collaboration with a brand! 

"What makes Singapore? What makes this place your home?"
if you're a foreigner
"What is the first thing you think of when you hear "Singapore"?"
(Except for the usual iconic monuments, ang ku kuey, singlish slangs, dragon playgrounds, little red dot.)

As all of us are really familiar with the eiffel tower. Once a eiffel tower is being imprinted onto anything, the first thing that comes to our mind is Paris. What makes this place called Singapore uniquely Singapore that no country could or would ever take away. I am looking for that intangible side of stuff, stuff that is not only physical but has and will forever will have really strong meaning for Singapore.

Really excited to see what you will have for me! :D

Beginner
Reply: Design Ideas 4 Aug 2016 9:25 PM
the city skyline with an overlay of singapore river in the 1960s

it really sends a strong message on how far singapore has come from a fishing village to asia's powerhouse
Rookie
Reply: Design Ideas 4 Aug 2016 10:11 PM
No chewing gum is the thing I think of... no idea why... cleanliness I guess you could say

johannes

Skilled
Reply: Design Ideas 5 Aug 2016 10:09 AM
I think of chicken rice lmao :-) 

Kaleidoscope Love

Skilled
Reply: Design Ideas 5 Aug 2016 1:19 PM
I think of the sheer amount of nationalities and cultures within Singapore that are able to live together in harmony.
Beginner
Reply: Design Ideas 4 Sep 2016 1:32 PM
Hey guys, thanks for all the suggestions and ideas! Really appreciate it! I'm now in progress on sewing up my garment and the motif is already done! If you are interested, you could go over to my page and check out the motif print at the moment! Not long after this week, photos of the shoot would come out pretty soon so do keep an eye on that! Wish me luck! :p

You're missing out!

Login or signup free to participate in discussions!

Learn more about us »

Viewing as Guest

Guests can only view posts in limited forum categories.

Login or sign up

Active users
Found your new crush?