Talented
Reply: English Hotels Combined 7 Aug 2016 8:44 AM
Jamie Posted
7 August 2016 8:35 am

Quote skipped.

u can love ur uk hotel as much as u want but singaporean hotel was #1 edating spot bye

UK hotel was so good I miss it lots. Tournies were EVERYTHING

Reply: English Hotels Combined 7 Aug 2016 9:39 AM
Armset Posted
7 August 2016 5:23 am

Cheaper, they couldn't afford to have Habbo offices in each country because at the time it wasn't as popular as it was between 2008-2010. They only have one office now I think? In Spain?

Also probably due to the fact the Australian and Canadian hotels were pretty dead most of the time and actually shut at a certain time of night.

The AU hotel didn't have a closing period for like a year before the merge because we became a rather active hotel. I was an official AU fansite owner at the time of the merge and we were informed about the merge a month before it happened. It was purely a result of money and what Sulake could afford at the time, they were firing staff from everywhere because they couldn't afford it. 
Skilled
Reply: English Hotels Combined 7 Aug 2016 1:27 PM
God Posted
7 August 2016 9:39 am

Quote skipped.

The AU hotel didn't have a closing period for like a year before the merge because we became a rather active hotel. I was an official AU fansite owner at the time of the merge and we were informed about the merge a month before it happened. It was purely a result of money and what Sulake could afford at the time, they were firing staff from everywhere because they couldn't afford it. 

RIP Bamaloo,  Fozzie, Fushiku

Kaleidoscope Love

Rookie
Reply: English Hotels Combined 7 Aug 2016 2:54 PM
there were more people on the UK hotel than there are now with them all combined lol :/
Rookie
Reply: English Hotels Combined 7 Aug 2016 3:35 PM
Sulake are struggling to pay for costs of running as many servers as there are, with such things such as DDoS attacks, raiders who overload the servers and moderations costs. They just couldn't afford to have so many hotels, which is why they merged.

They currently have 3 offices, one in London for sales, one in Madrid for moderation and one in Finland for devs and other higher up positions such as CEO and CFO.
Rookie
Reply: English Hotels Combined 7 Aug 2016 4:00 PM
I miss my old hotel now, we weren't even merged - didn't get any of our badges or furniture. 

RIP Habbo.dk, Habbo.no and Habbo.se 2015.

johannes

Talented
Reply: English Hotels Combined 7 Aug 2016 5:24 PM
Charlotte23 Posted
7 August 2016 2:54 pm

there were more people on the UK hotel than there are now with them all combined lol :/

Yeah! UK hotel used to hit 14k online through Summer etc. and was always around 10k until the merge happened :-( Now we get like....3k online? Hahahah

Jas Posted
7 August 2016 1:27 pm

Quote skipped.

RIP Bamaloo,  Fozzie, Fushiku

I LOVED THE AU STAFF, they seemed super cute. I had an account on AU from like 2008.

You're missing out!

Login or signup free to participate in discussions!

Learn more about us »

Viewing as Guest

Guests can only view posts in limited forum categories.

Login or sign up

Active users
Found your new crush?