Talented
Eurovision Song Contest: Who are you backing? 4 May 2016 7:45 PM
It's EUROVISION month! Do any of you follow the Eurovision Song Contest at all?

Apparently France are the favourite to win this year (it is such a cute song) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=boYQovCybYQ

I actually really like the UK entry too, but it won't win or get anywhere near the top 5 unfortunately. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C5VvsLEd1TI

Have a look on https://www.youtube.com/user/eurovision/featured and scroll down a little bit and you'll see the other entries, let me know your favourites :)

Reply: Eurovision Song Contest: Who are you backing? 5 May 2016 6:12 AM
I really love Eurovision Song Contest.

I don't certainly agree with you saying that France will win. I think that France will get a second place on the final, the one that will surely win is San Marino obviously, (it's a joke!), I mean Russia will be the winner. It's a very winning-eurovision-like song and even though I don't like it too much, I assure you the performance will be spectacular (it seems like the one with which Mans won last year singing Heroes).

And of course, my favourite, don't forget to vote for Spain (my country!), I hope we get a good position this year (hopefully top 5 or 10). Regardless of my country which I cannot vote logically, I think my favourites are J'ai cherché, Miracle and If love was a crime. But it's too difficult to choose, they are all incredible and really catchy, I have all (except San Marino) in my playlist.

SAY YAY YAY YAY!!!
https://youtu.be/k0I37W3RN_U
Last edit: 5 May 2016 6:15 AM
Skilled
Reply: Eurovision Song Contest: Who are you backing? 5 May 2016 10:33 AM
I don't know much about Eurovision but I've just had a look at some of the videos including France and Australia and wow! These were not the songs I were expecting - they're actually amazing! Perhaps I'll play them on air another time :-) Eurovision hour I suppose?
Keen to watch more Eurovision videos after I get back from work! Can someone recommend me their personal favourites?

Kaleidoscope Love

Talented
Reply: Eurovision Song Contest: Who are you backing? 5 May 2016 5:15 PM

Jas Posted
5 May 2016 10:33 am

I don't know much about Eurovision but I've just had a look at some of the videos including France and Australia and wow! These were not the songs I were expecting - they're actually amazing! Perhaps I'll play them on air another time :-) Eurovision hour I suppose?
Keen to watch more Eurovision videos after I get back from work! Can someone recommend me their personal favourites?

I love the Netherlands entry it's a country song called Slow Down by Douwe Bob. They sent a country song two years ago

Reply: Eurovision Song Contest: Who are you backing? 6 May 2016 2:09 AM
Jas Posted
5 May 2016 10:33 am

Listen to the song of my country right now! Hahaha Spain - Barei, "Say yay!", I let you here the link for the videoclip: https://youtu.be/k0I37W3RN_U

I recommend you to watch the Final, that is 14th May. The semifinals are on 10th and 12th (but I just recommend you to watch them if you're a really fun of Eurovision bc it's a little bit of a spoiler. When you watch the Final you have already seen half of the performances due to semifinals).

Spain with other four countries go directly to the Final every year bc we belong to the Big Five as we pay more.
Skilled
Reply: Eurovision Song Contest: Who are you backing? 7 May 2016 11:49 AM
Enrique Posted
6 May 2016 2:09 am

Quote skipped.

Listen to the song of my country right now! Hahaha Spain - Barei, "Say yay!", I let you here the link for the videoclip: https://youtu.be/k0I37W3RN_U

I recommend you to watch the Final, that is 14th May. The semifinals are on 10th and 12th (but I just recommend you to watch them if you're a really fun of Eurovision bc it's a little bit of a spoiler. When you watch the Final you have already seen half of the performances due to semifinals).

Spain with other four countries go directly to the Final every year bc we belong to the Big Five as we pay more.

I just listened to it and I liked how they had a little dance routine in it!
Also listened to Douwe Bob - Slow Down (Netherlands) and it's so much different from the others so far. Has a more country vibe to it. 

Kaleidoscope Love

Reply: Eurovision Song Contest: Who are you backing? 8 May 2016 10:07 AM
i've not listened to anyone this year im saving it for the night but soooo many people have told me france sound really good
Talented
Reply: Eurovision Song Contest: Who are you backing? 8 May 2016 10:50 AM

Toni Posted
8 May 2016 10:07 am

i've not listened to anyone this year im saving it for the night but soooo many people have told me france sound really good

france will win, but i LOVE netherlands this year lol

Beginner
Reply: Eurovision Song Contest: Who are you backing? 16 Jun 2016 11:38 AM
ok sorry moderators if im bumping but i am so disgusted at this years win, if you listen to her live (the non-tv broadcasted versions) jamalas voice is much weaker. my personal favourite non-final-qualifiers of this year were norway and iceland, very shocking they didnt pass considering they were favourites of this year. my favourite qualifier was belgium (not being biased or anything), it's so sad she only came 10th. :/ but AUSTRALIA 2nd that was insane damis voice was much more powerful than jamalas.

You're missing out!

Login or signup free to participate in discussions!

Learn more about us »

Viewing as Guest

Guests can only view posts in limited forum categories.

Login or sign up

Active users
Found your new crush?