Need info about turtle 16 Aug 2016 11:49 AM
Okay so one of my family members  gAve me this turtle they found and well I was just wondering if anyone knew what kind of Turtle it is, what do they eat and if they're suppose to be in water!? 
Skilled
Reply: Need info about turtle 16 Aug 2016 12:09 PM
Pretty sure thats a turtle and not a tortoise so they'd definitely need a little pond to swim in!
I used to own turtles when I was a small kid (3 years old) but I don't remember much about taking care of them. 
I do know that you need to keep the area clean or else they'll really start to stink!! Also feed them veggies and fruits.

@Jaeho works at a pet store with turtles so many she can help ya out

Kaleidoscope Love

Reply: Need info about turtle 16 Aug 2016 12:56 PM
Jas Posted
16 August 2016 12:09 pm

Pretty sure thats a turtle and not a tortoise so they'd definitely need a little pond to swim in!
I used to own turtles when I was a small kid (3 years old) but I don't remember much about taking care of them. 
I do know that you need to keep the area clean or else they'll really start to stink!! Also feed them veggies and fruits.

@Jaeho works at a pet store with turtles so many she can help ya out

I wasn't sure if it needed to be in water or not so I just put it in a small aquarium with a bit  amount of water. Also, I had been feeding it these pellets (that said good for turtles) but since they ran out last night ,I didn't know if i could feed it things I had around the house like fruit. But yeah thanks for the info! :)
Rookie
Reply: Need info about turtle 16 Aug 2016 2:06 PM
Omg it's so cute, what did you name it
Rookie
Reply: Need info about turtle 16 Aug 2016 2:37 PM
That looks super cute! I hope you have fun caring for it!
Beginner
Reply: Need info about turtle 16 Aug 2016 7:47 PM
that's a red eared slider, they are semi aquatic. in primary school every student had to adopt one

depending on how large it is, give about 6 to 10 inches of water to swim in and an area with smooth rock for them to bask. i fed mine with collards, cut up earthworms and crickets
Last edit: 16 August 2016 7:57 PM
Skilled
Reply: Need info about turtle 16 Aug 2016 11:11 PM
FuzzySockz Posted
16 August 2016 11:49 am

Okay so one of my family members  gAve me this turtle they found and well I was just wondering if anyone knew what kind of Turtle it is, what do they eat and if they're suppose to be in water!? 

That's definitely a terrapin. I would recommend getting a tank with enough water for it to swim, also a small island so it can rest. Leave a lamp over it, with at least 15cm distance from the tank so it can sun tan cause it's a cool cat like tht (no srs do it).
Regular terrapin pellets should do the trick.

This is what we feed our terrapins at the store and they live long so hint hint. It will get bigger like. That's just a baby, be prepared to have to buy a new tank soon/ get a pond or smth because they will grow to at least 20cm long !!! Also clean the tank once a week because it will smell terrible after a while + hygiene duh ?? YOU SHOULD ALSO get a filter yes. 

That's pretty much it. Have fun with your new child x

Talented
Reply: Need info about turtle 17 Aug 2016 3:58 AM
That is a beautiful looking little pet.

Reply: Need info about turtle 21 Nov 2018 1:49 AM
Cute!!!! Do you still have this pet?

You're missing out!

Login or signup free to participate in discussions!

Learn more about us »

Viewing as Guest

Guests can only view posts in limited forum categories.

Login or sign up

Active users
Found your new crush?