Rookie
Vaporwave 29 Aug 2016 3:16 AM
Vaporwave, according to wikipedia, is a music genre and art movement that emerged in the early 2010s among Internet communities. It is characterized by a nostalgic or surrealist fascination with retro cultural aesthetics (typically of the 1980s, 1990s, and early-mid 2000s), entertainment technology, consumer culture and advertising, and styles of corporate and popular music such as lounge, smooth jazz and elevator music.

As a person who listens and creates this style of music, I find this music quite smooth and calming, thought I'd like to hear what you guys have to say! Look it up and tell me your opinions.
Talented
Reply: Vaporwave 29 Aug 2016 5:15 AM
can you link an example lol?

Rookie
Reply: Vaporwave 29 Aug 2016 2:29 PM

Armset Posted
29 August 2016 5:15 am

can you link an example lol?

Here you go: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cU8HrO7XuiE
Skilled
Reply: Vaporwave 29 Aug 2016 3:43 PM
I actually misread it as Vaporeon omg rip

Skilled
Reply: Vaporwave 29 Aug 2016 6:08 PM
I wouldn't skip a song that was under the Vaporwave genre, but I also wouldn't go out to selectively play one either
Last edit: 29 August 2016 6:08 PM
Skilled
Reply: Vaporwave 29 Aug 2016 6:38 PM
Some vaporwave is really nice. I find it rather calming so its easy to listen to.

I hate how its marketed though as if its some sort of edgy hipster thing.

Kaleidoscope Love

Beginner
Reply: Vaporwave 30 Aug 2016 6:14 AM
I love it! I guess for myself it is because i have had enough of all the pop & R&B. Furthermore i need some music to get me focused on my work.

Reply: Vaporwave 30 Aug 2016 8:03 PM
i honestly enjoy vaporwave, been listening to it for a while now (theres some great playlists of it on spotify) my favourite album is a very experimental album by C Y B E R R E A L I T Y.     album is linked below;

Rookie
Reply: Vaporwave 30 Aug 2016 8:04 PM
Yah VaporWave is Awesome :)

You're missing out!

Login or signup free to participate in discussions!

Learn more about us »

Viewing as Guest

Guests can only view posts in limited forum categories.

Login or sign up

Active users
Found your new crush?