HabboBites
[AMA] Pulx, Builders at Work Leader 17 May 2016 8:29 PM

In this edition of Ask Me Anything, we've invited Pulx , who is the current Builders at Work Leader for Habbo.com! You may remember our first ever AMA by BAW member Armset , however, this AMA is more on BAW leadership, the programme, and the Sandbox hotel.

He will be answering your questions in this thread - simply post a reply below. You may also ask other questions that does not violate our Terms of Service.

Introduction/about me
Pulx is the current Builders at Work Leader/Chief on Habbo.com for Jan 2016 - June 2016. As the BAW chief, he oversees the BAW team and campaign executions. His role also comes with some exciting perks like access to the exclusive Sandbox hotel.

"With this role comes some exciting perks and opportunities, so today I'm happy to do an AMA exclusively on Habbobites.com

So, go ahead.. ask me anything!" - Pulx 

Sandbox Hotel
The Sandbox Hotel is an isolated Habbo Hotel server used by BAW leaders and staff to work on special room projects. The server is not accessible to normal Habbos.

Additional info
- About the BAW programme

Disclaimer: The guest may refuse to answer any questions as he/she deems fit.

Moderator Alert

AMA guest is a verified BaW leader. -Funkyhabbo
Beginner
Reply: [AMA] Pulx, Builders at Work Leader 17 May 2016 8:55 PM
I've heard cool things about the Sandbox hotel!

1) Is there a full-line of furniture available in the catalogue (every builder's dream)?

2) If you could change one thing about the current BAW programme, what would it be?

3) Show us your proudest creation so far!

Reply: [AMA] Pulx, Builders at Work Leader 17 May 2016 9:05 PM
Hello Mr Pulx!

How do you manage the fleet of BaW members?

How long does it take for you to complete a room, and what are the steps to making one? (Eg. Sketching,Planning)
Last edit: 17 May 2016 9:05 PM
Reply: [AMA] Pulx, Builders at Work Leader 17 May 2016 9:14 PM

Funkyhabbo Posted
17 May 2016 8:55 pm

I've heard cool things about the Sandbox hotel!

1) Is there a full-line of furniture available in the catalogue (every builder's dream)?

2) If you could change one thing about the current BAW programme, what would it be?

3) Show us your proudest creation so far!

1) Not all! - but a lot, most ranges that are seasonal / furniture themed lines and of course there are rares and super rares. I would say around 80% of furniture is live on Sandbox, including unavailable public space furniture (Trees/Lido/Welcome Lounge) but there are some things missing!

http://i.imgur.com/TzURd91.png <- Example

2) I would change the fact that we cannot re-use old members of BaW, the problem in the current system is that each member can only be an assistant once, which really limits choice and quality of selection - I believe that a builder should be removed from the system for a maximum of 2-3 months before they can be added back, there are a lot of dedicated old BaW members eager to re-join the system and provide top quality content for Habbo, so why restrict them?

3) My proudest creation... not sure, most of my newest creations become my favorite or proudest because each new build I learn something new or keep improving. I recently built something on sandbox due in June for Powertoo, which will be a public space of sorts, that took some time and looks pretty impressive!

but if I had to choose one, this is probably my latest proudest: http://i.imgur.com/TzURd91.png
Reply: [AMA] Pulx, Builders at Work Leader 17 May 2016 9:26 PM
Hey Pulx! 

1) What is the biggest challenge that you have ever faced as a BAW leader? 
2) If you are tasked to build for an event, how long do you normally take?
Reply: [AMA] Pulx, Builders at Work Leader 17 May 2016 9:29 PM

Ribboneh Posted
17 May 2016 9:05 pm

Hello Mr Pulx!

How do you manage the fleet of BaW members?

How long does it take for you to complete a room, and what are the steps to making one? (Eg. Sketching,Planning)

1. Manage them? Not sure what exactly you mean, but in terms of how I run the system... I use a popular chat software and create a group, each member is invited into this group and we use this to stay in touch up/to date. I also use google docs to manage the project briefs and schedules, which is all written and created by myself. I have a very calm approach to leading and encourage the teams input and work to make their experience in BaW as exciting and fulfilling as possible, so I tend to work the system around the team, their strengths and weaknesses.

2. I usually give each BaW member 7 days to complete a room from start to finish, once the document and planning is created on Google docs, they then add their name into a room which seems most appealing to them and begin building. For me personally, it can take up to 18 hours to complete a room but I will usually separate this across a few days unless I'm feeling super productive.

Reply: [AMA] Pulx, Builders at Work Leader 17 May 2016 9:33 PM

.:IceBaby:. Posted
17 May 2016 9:26 pm

Hey Pulx! 

1) What is the biggest challenge that you have ever faced as a BAW leader? 
2) If you are tasked to build for an event, how long do you normally take?

1) One of the biggest challenges as BaW leader is ensuring everyone on the team is happy, that everyone is working towards the project deadlines, keeping people up to date across timezone... working around peoples real life school/work/exams - One of the biggest challenges for me personally has been managing the system, completing my university degree and part-time work - There is really a lot to running BaW and it's a full time hobby, week in week out for 6 months.

2. As I said above usually give 7 days after 1 event is launched to prepare, build and wire the next one. Takes up to 18 hours to build one of my larger rooms but split over multiple days.
Reply: [AMA] Pulx, Builders at Work Leader 17 May 2016 9:56 PM
Hey jw which season was ur fav?
Talented
Reply: [AMA] Pulx, Builders at Work Leader 17 May 2016 10:00 PM
The sandbox hotel sounds awesome, am I right in thinking that's where room bundles are created?

If you could create any room bundle from any furniture line, what would it be and why?

You're missing out!

Login or signup free to participate in discussions!

Learn more about us »

Viewing as Guest

Guests can only view posts in limited forum categories.

Login or sign up

Active users
Found your new crush?