Eurovision Song Contest 2017 15 Aug 2016 12:08 AM
The Eurovision Song Contest 2017 will be the 62nd edition of the Eurovision Song Contest. It will take place in Ukraine, after Ukraine's victory at the 2016 contest in Stockholm with the song "1944", performed by Jamala. This will be the second time the contest will take place in Ukraine, after 2005.

The host city will be determined through a bidding phase in which six Ukrainian cities submitted bids, with three shortlisted for further inspection: Dnipro, Kyiv and Odessa. The contest is currently scheduled to consist of two semi-finals on 9 and 11 May and the final on 13 May 2017. However, the official dates will be announced by the European Broadcasting Union (EBU) following the selection of the host city.

For those of you unfamiliar with what Eurovision is and why it is so popular around the European continent (and now elsewhere such as the US, China and Australia), read my article here: Eurovision Song Contest

We should find out the host city for the 2017 contest in the next 2 weeks. How exciting!
Rookie
Reply: Eurovision Song Contest 2017 15 Aug 2016 12:20 AM
OMG YES!!!!
Talented
Reply: Eurovision Song Contest 2017 15 Aug 2016 2:24 AM
wooo! i'm excited

Beginner
Reply: Eurovision Song Contest 2017 15 Aug 2016 5:07 PM
all u fake fans stop! this is my personal opinion.
Yes Odessa is close to the current warzone, however Odessa along with Kyiv are the only suitable cities to host. The arena is Odessa is one of the strongest and compatible so far, along with the beautiful sea-view sights which would easily be incorporated into the theme of the contest. On the other hand, Kyiv's two arenas submitted to host are old and in need of renovation. The stage this year we can't expect to be as good as the past 3 years, I'm expecting something like Dusseldorf 2011 on a smaller scale (also no led floor, like oslo 2010). The theme would be marvellous if they could incorporate Jamala's theme into it. The hosts are rumored to be  the hosts of JESC 2013 which is great, they're enetertaining and fun unlike the hosts of 2015 cough cough... Anyhow, this year will be interesting to see how it all pulls through, especially with Russia not boycotting! ALSO, AUSTRALIA HOPEFULLY ISNT IN THE CONTEST, all u (cutie) australians like omg dami shoulve won!!! you'r e all fake eurovision fans ok first off, its a european thing, secondly australia wouldnt even be allowed to host! so stop with the australian thing, because not many people even like the concept, especially since bosnia and herzegoniva were snatch of the final this year because of australia.
Last edit: 15 August 2016 7:12 PM

Moderator Alert

Vulgarity amended :) -Polybotes

Reply: Eurovision Song Contest 2017 15 Aug 2016 6:53 PM
Everyone is welcome to be a fan of Eurovision. After all, the contest is designed to bring everyone together for a week of parties and great music. I agree with you that non-European countries shouldn't participate but that doesn't mean that non-Europeans cannot enjoy watching the show.
Beginner
Reply: Eurovision Song Contest 2017 16 Aug 2016 8:22 PM
DeletedAccount#01 Posted
15 August 2016 6:53 pm

Everyone is welcome to be a fan of Eurovision. After all, the contest is designed to bring everyone together for a week of parties and great music. I agree with you that non-European countries shouldn't participate but that doesn't mean that non-Europeans cannot enjoy watching the show.

o im from aus and ive been watching since 2006 in greece. i just hate the fact we compete!!

Rookie
Reply: Eurovision Song Contest 2017 17 Aug 2016 3:30 PM
Honestly, I love Eurovision but something about it year after year makes it seem so cheesy nowadays. Besides, I do struggle to stay up, it goes on laaaaate in the UK.
Reply: Eurovision Song Contest 2017 25 Aug 2016 6:11 AM
Unfortunately the announcement of the host city has been delayed for a third time this year. However, some signs are pointing towards Kyiv being awarded the title.

1) Jamala, the Ukrainian singer who won the Eurovision Song Contest this year has been given an apartment in Kyiv by the mayor.
2) Hromadske news outlet post the news: 'International Exhibition Center is Kyiv's preferred venue to host Eurovision 2017'.

I've got my eye on it and as soon as I find out, I'll let you guys know.

You're missing out!

Login or signup free to participate in discussions!

Learn more about us »

Viewing as Guest

Guests can only view posts in limited forum categories.

Login or sign up

Active users
Found your new crush?